If you are CTT...

Aubie16

How would you fill out your ballot?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How would you fill out your ballot?

• Auburn #1, USC #2, and Oklahoma #3
    • Auburn #1, USC #2, and leave Oklahoma off your ballot
    • Auburn #1, and leave USC and Oklahoma off your ballot
    • Auburn #1, Utah #2, USC #3, Oklahoma #4

An interesting question to think about. I'm not sure how much it would actually help us, but it would take a lot of points away from Oklahoma in the coaches poll.

With the new formula being the percentage of points you recieve, it would help us out 1/3 of the forumla?

I don't think I would actually be able to leave Oklahoma off the ballot, but it would be awfully tempting considering what is at stake here.

if you think stoops isnt doing this you are crazy. anyone who would announce that he will unethically run up the score to get more points would surely take points away from his strongest competition anyway he could.

1) I would vote ethically, period

2) All ballots are reviewed for submitting. They would not allow Stoops or Carroll (or Tubs - or any other coach) to do this

Why not vote Au #1, Oklahoma #2 and USC #3? Like the one article I read today says - why is USC getting an automatic #1, just because they started that way? OK and AU have played much harder schedules in much harder conferences and in my opinion Au and OU should play in Miami.

They would not allow Stoops or Carroll (or Tubs - or any other coach) to do this

Are you saying that Tubs isnt allowed to leave Oklahoma or USC out of the top 3 on his ballot? If so who has the final say on who a coach votes for? Somthing aint right about this.

What I meant was that if you voted ethically you would put USC and Oklahoma in the top 3 or 4.

The unethical choices would be to to leave oklahoma or USC out of your top positions to try to make them lose points.

Of course it is not unethical to put Auburn #1.

Sorry if that confused anybody.

I already voted, but I want to add my 2 cents on one point. If I were voting, and I turned in a ballot which had AU-1, Wisc-2 (before they lost), Utah-3, OU-4 and USC-5. Who is going to tell me this is not an ethical vote. If I feel an undefeated Wisconsin team and a UTAH team that is blowing everyone they play out of the water is better than an undefeated PAC-10 team which nearly lost a couple of games and skinned by on another two or three, or an OU team that has struggled with OK St and TXAM, there is no one going to tell me who I have to vote for. If you have 5 undefeated teams, even though two of them are USC and OU, which one is better. It's subjective and if that is the way I feel, I dont think some reviewer will tell my vote should follow some model they've made up. JMHO.

What I meant was that if you voted ethically you would put USC and Oklahoma in the top 3 or 4.

The unethical choices would be to to leave oklahoma or USC out of your top positions to try to make them lose points.

Of course it is not unethical to put Auburn #1. 

Sorry if that confused anybody.

122145[/snapback]

Not true. Not true at all. Not this year. I could easily vote ethically and with a clear conscience this way:

1. AU

2. Cal

3. Utah

SC & OU are media darling schools and can't do anything wrong by them as long as they keep winning. Close games where they pull one out the a$$ don't seem to phase the voters one iota. Contrast that treatment with the way AU lost two spots in the AP poll for shutting out a patsy by only 31 points. There seems to be an unwritten rule about not penalizing a media-darling school for ever playing badly in a close game. I watched the Cal-SC game and SC was so da#n lucky to win that game. Cal is every bit the team that SC or OU are this year, or more correctly ... are perceived to be. Utah, too. I've got no problem with putting an undefeated Utah team 3rd.

Archived