Softball vs. Tennessee - game 2

20 walks in 8 innings. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Add 5 errors to the mix and I don't care who you are playing against, you are going to get embarrassed in both games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be very interesting to see how the team responds tomorrow. Clint has big challenge to get the pitchers ready...nobody did well today

20 walks in 8 innings. Don't think I've ever seen that before. Add 5 errors to the mix and I don't care who you are playing against, you are going to get embarrassed in both games.

We were there for game 2, caught the tail end of game 1. It sure came across like home cooking with the strike zone, seemed different for both teams, similar pitches called different ways depending on who was at bat. AU just had an utter two game meltdown, not hitting the ball, awful defense, untimely errors that we aren't used to seeing from these ladies. We were able to see them get on the bus and my daughter got her Greater Nashville AU Club t-shirt autographed, many of the players and the coaches were just flat out seemed embarrassed. Coach Myers son even made a comment about the performance as the coaches came to the bus.

We were there for game 2, caught the tail end of game 1. It sure came across like home cooking with the strike zone, seemed different for both teams, similar pitches called different ways depending on who was at bat. AU just had an utter two game meltdown, not hitting the ball, awful defense, untimely errors that we aren't used to seeing from these ladies. We were able to see them get on the bus and my daughter got her Greater Nashville AU Club t-shirt autographed, many of the players and the coaches were just flat out seemed embarrassed. Coach Myers son even made a comment about the performance as the coaches came to the bus.

From the angle of the TV, it looked like the ball/strike calling was pretty consistent for both teams, if that makes you feel any better. It's not something I even thought about until you mentioned it.

From the angle of the TV, it looked like the ball/strike calling was pretty consistent for both teams, if that makes you feel any better. It's not something I even thought about until you mentioned it.

AU pitchers spent too much time trying to get the calls just off the plate IMO.....it looked like a tight zone but our pitchers just did not challenge them.

Archived