Louisville basketball.

AU64

Louisville's basketball program took a major hit today when the NCAA finally announced penalties in the player -sex scandal or whatever it is being called. I can't link the site but saw it on the CBS sports site a few minutes ago.

The penalties are as bad as any I have seen short of the death penalty. Among other things, it appears the Cardinals will be forced to vacate their 2013 basketball championship. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was a big fan f Pitino when he was in his early years at UK. (I was there on the faculty at that time.) He was a great young coach and a very welcomed change from the scumbag Eddie Sutton and his crew that were running (ruining) the program when I arrived in 1988.

However, Pitino went sideways with fame. I left in 1994 and he was in wading in doo doo a couple of years later. It's been one thing after another at Louisville, which seems to have infinite patience for defiled coaches, with two of the worst on its payroll.

I'm not surprised about the leniency of the NCAA penalties against Louisville, because after all, the NCAA has done nothing about UNC or Ole Miss (or Miami before those two) other than "investigate." The penalties they've suggested (Louisville has appealed) are pretty minor when you consider the violations. I mean, who cares about an asterisk beside the number of wins or titles. Everyone remembers which team won them in competition. Hasn't hurt USC with regards to the Reggie Bush thing (it's not like Auburn would be recognized as champions in 2004) and it won't hurt Louisville, if it stands. The only way the NCAA actually causes pain is multi-year sizeable recruiting penalties, and they just don't seem to have the stomach for that anymore.

Archived