Red Tide

SaltyTiger

Rick Scott is catching hell for rolling back regulations meant to keep nutrient rich effluent from flowing into the sea. 

Glad I’m not down there right now. Must smell awful. 

14 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Rick Scott is catching hell for rolling back regulations meant to keep nutrient rich effluent from flowing into the sea. 

Glad I’m not down there right now. Must smell awful. 

Comming from a guy that has caught wind of the pogey plant in Moss Point, MS. mid summer.......I can assure you it does my good man.

5 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Comming from a guy that has caught wind of the pogey plant in Moss Point, MS. mid summer.......I can assure you it does my good man. 

LOL.

I'm familiar enough with small scale fish kills and how unpleasant they can be. Can only imagine how bad it is down there.

Growing up, I lived maybe a half mile from a Goldkist chicken processing plant in Trussville. The plant is still there, but it has been shut down. Man, the smell, particularly in the summer. Made it difficult to go outside some days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2018 at 10:29 AM, AUDub said:

LOL. 

I'm familiar enough with small scale fish kills and how unpleasant they can be. Can only imagine how bad it is down there.

Growing up, I lived maybe a half mile from a Goldkist chicken processing plant in Trussville. The plant is still there, but it has been shut down. Man, the smell, particularly in the summer. Made it difficult to go outside some days. 

Um, were we neighbors? I was off Camp Coleman on Stone Ridge Circle. I could see the chicken plant from my back porch.

On 9/27/2018 at 4:49 PM, jared52 said:

Um, were we neighbors? I was off Camp Coleman on Stone Ridge Circle. I could see the chicken plant from my back porch.

Thomas Hall Dr.

May have been. Lived there from 93 to 2011. My dad is still there. 

My older brother was class of 96. I was class of 04. 

6 hours ago, AUDub said:

Thomas Hall Dr.

May have been. Lived there from 93 to 2011. My dad is still there. 

My older brother was class of 96. I was class of 04. 

*marks these notes in diary "who is Dub"

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

*marks these notes in diary "who is Dub"

My name ha long sense been made public here, as has my likeness. 

Archived