Our Head Coach

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I like the players he's brought on board. I like the defensive staff he's built. I like the mentality the players generally have and the discipline on the team.

His biggest problem is that he's so set in his ways. The decision that may have cost him everything is bringing in Chip Lindsey and making him run a Gus Malzahn offense. He had an opportunity to hire a top-notch offensive coordinator and let him run his own system, but he couldn't let his offense go.

That decision may ultimately be his downfall and is why, for the first time, I no longer support Gus.

I agree. His stubborness is intolerable and refuses to make changes of any kind. It is sad that the Auburn players have to suffer through this and it is a

wonder more players did not walk away before their 5th game was played. It is also sad that at my age and the length of his contract, I personally may

never live to see another Football Coach at Auburn. I do appreciate the fact that he works hard to maintain a clean program, but after that he completely loses my

support. I am sorry to have to admit it.

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Yes, the previous AD.

No, the current AD. The same one they gave Coach Flow a new contract, that guy.

I have a great idea who our next head coach can be. We will have 5 star hearts and be champions of life!

ew.jpg

6 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

6-6 and vet a million a win. Hope we enjoy Birmingham’s or Louisiana in winter

I hate to keep it real....but we are having trouble scoring, not to mention winning. Any SEC team will be a handful at this point.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Leath handled the contract for CGM

Just now, au701948 said:

His stubborness is intolerable and refuses to make changes of any kind.

Absolutely. At this point, I'm not even sure he can make any changes without outside help. 

Just now, AU-24 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought JJ was still in charge when Gus got his new contract.

I agree that the contract extension for Flo was a terrible idea.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Absolutely. At this point, I'm not even sure he can make any changes without outside help. 

That assumes that he could put aside his stubbornness to even accept outside help.

9 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I doubt it. The Alumni and fan base will not allow it. I give Gus at best 2 more years unless the program really turns around.

I agree with this also. I do not think that he will be allowed to keep sleeping at the wheel when everyone around him is moving forward. Last year the LSU lit a fire under the team and coaching staff, this year it set them back 10 years. There is no motivation or urgency, really on either side of the line of scrimmage.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Leath handled the contract for CGM

Green was aware and approved!Green was aware and approved!

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Unfortunately, I believe he thinks he is making changes, he is that dumb/stubborn.   The outside help he needs is figuring out how to further his career elsewhere!

Just now, madkat7 said:

That assumes that he could put aside his stubbornness to even accept outside help.

He would not accept any help. He does not have to now as he has 6 years under contract just to keep his nose clean. He never has wanted any help.

Just now, AU-24 said:

Green was aware and approved!Green was aware and approved!

Fine, I'll play. Green had been on the job for how long?

I'm serious, if I lived in Auburn or attended the school I would go out of my way to heckle CGM at every opportunity that came up. He's defrauding AU out of millions of dollars and needs to be embarrassed to the point that he resigns.

Look. Stidham overthrew a wide-open TD pass. Boobee made an ill-advised dive to the end zone and fumbled. Slayton took his eyes off a TD pass and dropped the ball.

NONE OF THAT IS ON GUS

I understand you want to be angry at something. You wanna say it all starts at the top. But everyone had a hand in this loss. Take a breath, and readjust your perspective...

Just now, selias said:

Fine, I'll play. Green had been on the job for how long?

He conned Auburn and probably himself just as well. He was able to motivate Auburn against Georgia and Alabama because he had an agenda to get a contract "equal" to other top coaches in the league. Since then he has done nothing but lay one rotten egg after another. AND, he still thinks he is a good coach and deserves it. I am choking on the thought of how bad Auburn caved to the charade.

Gus is set for life.  He need only read his pre-game and post game scripts and attend the games.   Maybe he'll give us a good deal on a 7-year contract extension. 

Gus is smart.  We're stupid.

10 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought JJ was still in charge when Gus got his new contract.

I agree that the contract extension for Flo was a terrible idea.

JJ was on his way OUT, he had no say-so in CGMs contract extension.  There were 5 FIVE other SEC programs looking for HCs at the time Gus negotiated the extension and AU was coming off back to back wins vs 2 #1 teams.  The timing was ripe.

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Look. Stidham overthrew a wide-open TD pass. Boobee made an ill-advised dive to the end zone and fumbled. Slayton took his eyes off a TD pass and dropped the ball.

NONE OF THAT IS ON GUS

I understand you want to be angry at something. You wanna say it all starts at the top. But everyone had a hand in this loss. Take a breath, and readjust your perspective...

I agree wholeheartedly...all the things you stated above did happen tonight. However, you look at other programs with a lot less overall talent (Mississippi State included), and invariably the team coached by CGM  cannot execute and simply be productive. His inability to coach those players to execute at a high enough level to fully appreciate that they have to show up ready to play each and every Saturday is evident almost every week.

9 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

NONE OF THAT IS ON GUS

True.  But Gus is the one getting paid to take full responsibility. 

Paid a lot.

12 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

NONE OF THAT IS ON GUS

And none of of those plays should be what determined if we won or lost tonight. It’s all the ineptness on offense throughout the entire game that sealed our fate and that IS ALL ON GUS.

Archived