Baseball vs UT-Martin Game 2

Glad to be done with UTM. They’re a pesky team that’ll hang in there and give you trouble. They had both us and Ole Miss on the ropes in a game. Could see them giving their conference some trouble this season. 

Fast game tonight...everyone eager to get it done and go someplace warm  I guess....

I see a few SEC midweek losses this week and a couple behind. Is the likely reason pitching depth? KY, Ole Miss, SC lost; Florida behind by 5 and Bama tied in the top of the 13th. Seems like these midweek games are more difficult than the weekend.

1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

I see a few SEC midweek losses this week and a couple behind. Is the likely reason pitching depth? KY, Ole Miss, SC lost; Florida behind by 5 and Bama tied in the top of the 13th. Seems like these midweek games are more difficult than the weekend.

Mostly using younger pitchers for the SEC teams whereas the visitors are trying to make a statement win if they can.  BUT, those mid-week losses over the years have cost us at the end of the season at tournament time. 

3 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I see a few SEC midweek losses this week and a couple behind. Is the likely reason pitching depth?

Kentucky used 10 (half of them freshman) pitchers tonight...5 to get the final six outs while giving up 11 runs over those last two innings.  Gave up 12 combined walks and got their asses handed to them by Boston College. I don't care what kind of excuse they might try justify it, that's just plain ugly.  

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs UT-Martin Game 2

Archived