SEC East stinking up the place

AURex

UT loses to Sun Belt Georgia State which has never beat anybody of consequence, like, ever. South Carolina loses to ACC also-ran North Carolina. Missery, with their super stud transfer QB, expected to compete in the East, loses to Wyoming and is truly in misery. I can verify that Knoxville is in meltdown.

Florida did not look like a powerhouse in their win against Miami. Frankly, the East is looking even worse than ever. I don't pull for any of these teams, but it sure does look bad for the SEC as a conference to lose a bunch of games to not-so-formidable opponents on cream-puff weekend. Not to mention Ole Miss, but we sorta expected that.

I'm not impressed with our conference showing. EXCEPT OF COURSE, Auburn's awesome come-from-behind win over the Ducks. !!!

18 hours ago, AURex said:

UT loses to Sun Belt Georgia State which has never beat anybody of consequence, like, ever. South Carolina loses to ACC also-ran North Carolina. Missery, with their super stud transfer QB, expected to compete in the East, loses to Wyoming and is truly in misery. I can verify that Knoxville is in meltdown.

Florida did not look like a powerhouse in their win against Miami. Frankly, the East is looking even worse than ever. I don't pull for any of these teams, but it sure does look bad for the SEC as a conference to lose a bunch of games to not-so-formidable opponents on cream-puff weekend. Not to mention Ole Miss, but we sorta expected that.

I'm not impressed with our conference showing. EXCEPT OF COURSE, Auburn's awesome come-from-behind win over the Ducks. !!!

I had forgotten all about KB and Missouri.  Think I saw they rushed 42 times for 120 yards or something, pretty bad. 

i still expect UF to have a decent team this season but if they can put up a reasonable fight to uga i'm not sure at this point. But yeah the East is really struggling right now. They will have to do something to balance out these divisions if something doesn't change. You can't have 6 of the top 8 teams in one division on a regular basis

Balance of the SEC is as bad as I can ever recall.....a few really good teams but mostly middle of the road who will swap wins/losses within the league and not do so well outside though the SEC teams are noted to play cream-puffs for OOC games and might have a good looking win percentage. JMO but recruiting is the issue....mentioned earlier that top half dozen best recruiting teams nationally are light years ahead of the rest, especially in terms of breadth and depth. 

There will be upsets but middle to bottom, the SEC is just not very good IMO.

16 hours ago, gravejd said:

They will have to do something to balance out these divisions if something doesn't change. You can't have 6 of the top 8 teams in one division on a regular basis

I don't know how you do that....things change and trying to maintain equal strength would be a moving target so maybe not having divisions....and some system that rotated opposition more frequently.      I guess people are reluctant to mess with "success" ….even shuffling the Auburn game with Uga and bama seemed to be beyond the ability of SEC leadership.....so probably as long as an SEC school ends up in the playoffs,  league administrators might not care how they got there. 

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Balance of the SEC is as bad as I can ever recall.....a few really good teams but mostly middle of the road who will swap wins/losses within the league and not do so well outside though the SEC teams are noted to play cream-puffs for OOC games and might have a good looking win percentage. JMO but recruiting is the issue....mentioned earlier that top half dozen best recruiting teams nationally are light years ahead of the rest, especially in terms of breadth and depth. 

There will be upsets but middle to bottom, the SEC is just not very good IMO.

I don't know how you do that....things change and trying to maintain equal strength would be a moving target so maybe not having divisions....and some system that rotated opposition more frequently.      I guess people are reluctant to mess with "success" ….even shuffling the Auburn game with Uga and bama seemed to be beyond the ability of SEC leadership.....so probably as long as an SEC school ends up in the playoffs,  league administrators might not care how they got there. 

Its an easy fix.....move Auburn to the east and move Mizzou/Vandy/Kentucky to the west. 

But i know its all cyclical and the east has been on top in previous decades. But we are going on dang near 20 years where the West has been way better than the East. At some point the league has to adjust i'd think

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

At some point the league has to adjust i'd think

In the age of computers you would think they could come up with a better rotational plan in about a day...would have to change some "traditional rivals" I guess but too many "vested interests" in the current system I guess. 

JMO but we would still have mostly the same schedule....maybe exchange Miss State for Vandy and Arky for Kentucky....maybe keep bama and LSU as the traditional rivals.      I'm thinking that a division change would not do us much good....especially now that the middle and bottom of SEC west stinks too. .

Well you know that Florida will have a good year. They play Tennessee, Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky. They also played Miami (and almost lost). They play Florida State who is terrible. Plus they play two cupcake games. The only 3  difficult games they have on their schedule are Georgia, LSU, and Auburn. They will be an ok team And still may win 10 games because of their schedule. It is that bad. It is not their fault that the division is putrid. Also Miami and Florida State are not any good.

It also makes me realize once again how insanely difficult auburn’s football schedule is this year. 

Archived