Charles Deas will be a Tiger in 2008

TitanTiger

Okay, refresh. I recall his name but I don't remember his bio.

He was a 4-star DT coming out of high school for the 2006 class that committed to LSU. We wanted him pretty bad even though he was gonna be a sign and place. He was a Top 100 players in the nation according to Rivals. Here's his Rivals tip sheet from 2006:

http://auburn.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?...235&Sport=1

He was 6-4, 315 then. He's up to 6-5, 340 now, though I expect CTT to want him back in the 320 range for quickness' sake.

Can you imagine having this cat and Greg Smith clogging up the running lanes in 2008?

Guest Tigrinum Major

On his recruiting visit, he ate three walk-ons.

Oustanding. Between him and Greg Smith, we are getting the beef needed on the D line.

Oustanding. Between him and Greg Smith, we are getting the beef needed on the D line.

Good thing they upgraded the menu from the Willie Williams visit.

Good thing they upgraded the menu from the Willie Williams visit.

Oh yes...I do remember Charles. Very disappointed when we didn't get him...great news! :)

:au::homer:

Wow!!! Stuff the middle with Deas, Smith, Marks, Ricks etc and then speed rush around the end with DE's we always seem to have....

Okay, I'm ready for some football...Auburn style

Wow!!! Stuff the middle with Deas, Smith, Marks, Ricks etc and then speed rush around the end with DE's we always seem to have....

Okay, I'm ready for some football...Auburn style

Those guys will stop the run and control the line for sure WDE

LSU posters, can you give us some inside news on Deas?

two words:

Pimp Suit

320347.jpg

Yes, that is really him. At the time he committed to LSU, it was during the Army all american game (last year's maybe?). I recall some of our fans being happy that Auburn did not get him. Shortly afterwards he quit answeing phone calls form LSU coaches. Then suddenly he committed to LSU. Did not have the grades though I believe and went the prep school route. Seems to be a bit of a head case but is a very promising talent.

Not to bash the kid, but he has a ton of work to do before he can ever contribute. His still needs a little work academically and his conditioning makes Greg Smith look like a Greek God. A lot of people in the know say he also had a disappointing year at Milford as well.

But if he puts in the work, the sky is the limit for him.

...an Auburn Tiger, per Rivals. He'll have 5 years to play 4.

The site said he signed a LOI with LSU..!!! Am I missing something???

Yes, he never qualified and LSU didn't follow up on him. He showed up at Milford Prep about halfway through the season and started recieving interest again. I believe he wanted to sign with Pitt this year but he was badly out of shape and he never recieved an offer. He has a ton of work to do and his offer right now is VERY conditional, but if he drops the pounds and hits the books by next season he'll likely recieve an offer.

Yes, he never qualified and LSU didn't follow up on him. He showed up at Milford Prep about halfway through the season and started recieving interest again. I believe he wanted to sign with Pitt this year but he was badly out of shape and he never recieved an offer. He has a ton of work to do and his offer right now is VERY conditional, but if he drops the pounds and hits the books by next season he'll likely recieve an offer.

thanks for the info

Archived