New Arena Naming Rights

Justin5

The school could save a ton of money if they sell the naming rights. Why I would prefer to simply not name it, these things do happen. Sitting around for a couple of seconds led me to come up with the following:

Playstation Arena/Center/Palace

Underarmor House (kind of a joke ;) )

Anybody got any other ideas?

How about:

Tiffin Motorhomes Center For Children Who Can't Play Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

We're talking about the Bamaham dome where all the former uat players are going to play, right? ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major

I think he is talking about the new roundball arena.

I am still partial to Momma Goldberg Court at the War Eagle Supper Club Fieldhouse.

I think they decided not to sell the naming rights but Im not positive and I dont have a link.

How bout Good Ole Boy Arena..I like the sound of that.

How bout Good Ole Boy Arena..I like the sound of that.

Hmmm, I would prefer 'Big Boy Arena' over that.

bigboy.jpg

We could include the ending fieldhouse instead of arena. I think that would be appropriate, and then a barn nickname could ensue.

I'm okay with naming the arena after an individual who donats money, especially if he or she is an alum.

But corporate sponsorship of college venues sucks. Plain and simple. PaPa John's Stadium in Louisville? Ridiculous. The Carrier Dome at Syracuse? Dumb. And soon the University of Minnesota will play in something called the "TCF Bank Stadium". Worst. College. Stadium. Name. Ever.

It is one thing for the pro leagues to sell out, but when colleges sell out to corporations I can't stand it.

I would like Sir Charles to pony up a gift and we could have the Barkley Coliseum.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the corporate crap. The traditional bowl games loosing their names to CapitalOne Chic Fil A or whatever. Take Troy for instance. They play in Movie Gallery Stadium, but they don't have big time donors or high ticket sales, so they probably needed to. We shouldn't sell out when we have the means, donors, and tradition to build on.

What tradition in Basketball?

I'm not saying it is a rich tradition, but there is some there to build on. The point I was trying to make is that Troy started off from crap and had to have Movie Gallery come in and we shouldn't have to do that.

Auburn is certainly not a top tier basketball program, but there have been spots of accomplishment. We have won a couple of SEC Championships and an SEC Tournament Championship. We have eight NCAA Tourney apperances, with (I believe) four Sweet Sixteen appearances and a trip to the Elite Eight. And obviously Charles Barkley is one of the top fifty best NBA players of all time.

No one is going to confuse us with UCLA, Kentucky, Duke or UNC, but there are things there to be proud of, and I agree that Auburn has a rich enough athletic tradition (and profitable enough athletic department) that we don't need to attach a corporate name to our new arena.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should call it the house that Cliff built. After all we're all about naming things after coaches that got us on probation. I mean Pat Dye Field rocks.

Archived