Tigers trounce Vols, 12-6

:ut: 6 - 11 - 3

:au: 12 - 17 - 2

The Auburn offense was relentless on Friday night, collecting eight runs through the first four innings as six Tigers collected multi-hit games in Auburn's 12-6 win over Tennessee in the series opener in front of 3,349 fans at Plainsman Park. The win improved Auburn's record to 17-9, 3-4 SEC while Tennessee dropped to 15-8, 4-3 SEC.

Trent Mummey, Hunter Morris and Joseph Sanders all had three-hit nights for the Tigers and combined to drive in half of Auburn's 12 runs with Mummey driving in a career-high three from the leadoff spot.

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-base.../032808aaa.html

They looked really good tonight. And the crowd was great..

The offense played extremely well... Hit the ball into the gaps and played some good small ball...

I was great out there tonight! Let's see this thing manifest into a really big season for these guys. It's looking as good as it has in a long time, for sure.

Good to see that Slater may have finally woke up and realized his job was in serious jeopardy and maybe the players finally got sick of dropping so many games.

Good job guys! War Eagle!

Anybody know if any of the games this weekend are going to be televised? I would love to have been down there this weekend to see the A-day game and then the baseball game. However, my son's baseball takes precedence and once his practices and season starts, there are rarely any free Saturdays. I know he has one Saturday open during the season, so I need to see what weekend that is and hope that may Auburn is at home that weekend. Heck, I would even go see them at Vandy since that is even closer to me.

I was great out there tonight! Let's see this thing manifest into a really big season for these guys. It's looking as good as it has in a long time, for sure.

Amen!! It was a perfect night for the game and the Tigers sent Auburn fans home happy.

what position were you playing? B)

the game today will be on css live at 3 central. (followed by the a-day game)

CSS is staying with the freakin' meaningless rain delayed Braves spring training game instead of going to the Auburn game. I have already wrote them a nasty letter for such a dumb move. I told them that the majority of people that watch their channel do so because of their college programming and that to rob us of watching a good college baseball game that actually means something is a bone headed move. The Braves will be on TV all year for just about every game...when their games start counting for something!

Archived