Roll Call to Oxford

Turtle_Tiger

We made the trip there during our magical 2004 season. Downtown Oxford is nice with several good restaurants. It is only a short walk away from the Grove. We didn't have any trouble with their fans. The only comments we got were for AU to have some mercy on them. Have fun and cheer us on to victory!

wish i could go. i attended the last 2 games my last game before that was 04. a friend who is superstitious has offered to pay for my ticket to oxford. ticket money is not the holdback but i will try to get back for georgia game.

I actually played baseball at ole miss for a few years, but have always been a huge Auburn fan, go figure haha.. but as far as bar life their are about three or four bars... The Library was my favorite, and yes of course the grove.. its very fun and from what I have seen when I use to be their is that the fans aren't that bad. If you are planning on tailgating in the grove, get their as early as possible to set up a tent. Also some of the best places to eat are at the gas stations. I think it was a chevron just off campus that has "chicken on a stick" and is very good, but they also have very good restaurants..

I'm taking my thirteen year old son. Been to  Au game before, had a ball (so did R. Brown). If you like

bar-b-que, you might try from the vendor inside stadium. Will there be a place some of the AE folks

will gather?

Is AE planning on setting up a tailgate at Ole Miss. I should be in Oxford early Friday evening. I'm looking forward to taking in the sights and hopefully another Auburn victory!!

Have one of those stadium seats and be early. The SEC mandated the minimum number of seats in a stadium way back in the Terry Bowden era. Ole Miss just renumbered their seats closer together to make the minimum. It was extremely uncomfortable for me. So if you have one of those framed seats it will keep their thighs and buttocks from overflowing onto you.

Have a great time! Make noise for me too!

Archived