Imagine the value . . .

tigerswde1345162832

I can't get my head around the value of having Cam Newton at Auburn University. 

If he comes back for his senior season he will be THE story all spring, summer and into next fall.  He will be by far the highlight of SEC Media Days.  The south squad for the Senior Bowl practiced a few blocks from my house last year and thousands showed up to see Tebow.  If Cam agrees to play in the Senior Bowl it will be a big hit as well.

Hiring Coach Chizik and the staff he has but together combined with the players commitment have vaulted AU to the top of the polls and the forefront of all sports stories.  At tennis practice last night my teammates talked about AU and Cam none stop and they are UA and LSU grads. 

Just contemplate the recruiting, marketing and revenue impact that Cam and this team has and will have.  It is staggering. 

Combine all of the above with the best fans, facilities and campus combination in the country.  Wow, just wow.

WDE

This is a really great point. People often look at the value of a good football program only in terms or revenue it produces for the athletic department each year. But in fact a great football team, when combined with the type of players and coaches we have right now, can be almost as great a value from a PR standpoint for the University itself (as well as tons of extra revenue for the town of Auburn). Think back to 08...all that someone from the West Coast heard about Auburn then as a school was that the coaches werent getting along, players were having a bad attitude, and there was general dissension amongst the fan base. That can put the school in a negative light even outside of football. In contrast, this year there are National articles written almost daily about the family atmosphere at the university, about the great feel of the town on gameday, about the great gameday traditions that are one of a kind. That can make someone previously unassociated with Auburn think "man I would really love to visit (or maybe go to school) at a place like that". And bam a new Auburn fan is born! Even when Alabama was in the news every day they didnt have those kind of things said about their program and school because they are so focused on winning that nothing else matters to them. When Tebow was at Florida his positive appeal was almost enough to cover for all the arrests that were occurring within the team, so there was still a positive view of the school for the most part. At Georgia the school is hurting from its football program because it is having similar legal issues without a positive role model in the spotlight such as Tebow or Newton. This leads to a general bad perception of UGA in many cases. Auburn is different and the great team and great people that are representing us are showing that to the nation on a daily basis!

:wareagle:

Archived