Interesting Rushing Stats

TigerProwl24

This was on another site and I found it very telling of just how potent our rush offense has become.

-AU has rushed for 2700+ yards, 1100 coming from Cam, that's 1600 yards rushing by other players....and they say AU is a one man show.

-Only one team in the SEC has more passing yards than Auburn has rushing yards, Arky (wow).

-Auburn has 800 more rushing yards than the second best rushing team in the SEC, Mississippi State.

-No SEC team's leading rusher has more yards than Au's second leading rusher.

-AU's third leading rusher has more yards than Vandy's, UF's and Arky's leading rusher.

-Au has 1600 more rushing yards than LSU has passing yards.

-You could take LSU's passing yards, multiply it by 2, add 500 more yards, and they still wouldn't have as many rushing yards AU has.

-You could take LSU's passing yards, multiply it by 2, add 500 more yards, and they still wouldn't have as many rushing yards AU has.

You could multiply LSU's passing yards by a million and still not have as many rushing yards as AU because you would only have passing yards  :tease: ... ok you may want to clarify here but I think you are saying that LSU's passing yards times two plus 500 is still less yards than Auburn has rushing this year?

Great stats and very telling, but i do want to add one caveat. Marcus Lattimore has one less yard than Michael Dyer, but he has played in two less games (one sat out of cause of injury, the other is they had a bye and just haven't played as many games). Also, Mark Ingram missed the first two games of the season with injuries which obviously limited the number of yards he could have accumulated up till now. Even with that, these are very impressive numbers.

Great stats and very telling, but i do want to add one caveat. Marcus Lattimore has one less yard than Michael Dyer, but he has played in two less games (one sat out of cause of injury, the other is they had a bye and just haven't played as many games). Also, Mark Ingram missed the first two games of the season with injuries which obviously limited the number of yards he could have accumulated up till now. Even with that, these are very impressive numbers.

I'll give you Ingram b/c he is averaging 6.4 to Dyer's 6.0 per carry, but Lattimore has 31 more carries than Dyer and is only averaging 4.8 per carry.

Great stats and very telling, but i do want to add one caveat. Marcus Lattimore has one less yard than Michael Dyer, but he has played in two less games (one sat out of cause of injury, the other is they had a bye and just haven't played as many games).

Ridley has the same yards as Dyer and 1 less game.  However, Ridley and Lattimore also have more carries than Dyer, which, obviously, is more important than number of games played.

Didn't Dyer have a couple of games with none or very little yards?

You could multiply LSU's passing yards by a million and still not have as many rushing yards as AU because you would only have passing yards  :tease: ... ok you may want to clarify here but I think you are saying that LSU's passing yards times two plus 500 is still less yards than Auburn has rushing this year?

:laugh:

Ingram ran wild vs. Duke and got a lot of his yards/carry padding in that game.  He did well against Arkansas and Tennessee who aren't exactly defensive juggernauts.  After that, his games against UF, USC, and Ole Miss (who Dyer just chewed up) were really pedestrian.  Dyer has been much more consistent against better defenses imo.  Dyer's worst game somehow came vs. LaMo...

EDIT: although, this isn't exactly a fair comparison between the two backs since our OL is much better than Bama's.

Ingram ran wild vs. Duke and got a lot of his yards/carry padding in that game.  He did well against Arkansas and Tennessee who aren't exactly defensive juggernauts.  After that, his games against UF, USC, and Ole Miss (who Dyer just chewed up) were really pedestrian.  Dyer has been much more consistent against better defenses imo.  Dyer's worst game somehow came vs. LaMo...

EDIT: although, this isn't exactly a fair comparison between the two backs since our OL is much better than Bama's.

Yeah, I was going to mention that more than anything else this a testament to the 'lights out' play, literally, from our offensive line.

Archived