Could be a SCAM

Ed Tew

Has anyone considered the possibility that this could be a scam by Kenny Rogers ( or someone else using Rogers' name, since Bond did not actually speak to Rogers)?  Try this :  You are certain Cam will sign with State, but State does not know it.  You know someone at State you believe to be open to shady dealing.  You claim you can deliver Cam for a price.  You receive a payment. Cam signs, but the Newtons know nothing about the money.  The payer assumes they have the money, but you have it.  Is he going to ask "Did you receive my illegal payment?"  If he finds out he was scammed, what can he do?  Can't go public!  Can't file charges! Can't ask the FBI to investigate!  Can never admit this happened, even to your friends!  Embarrassing!!!  Since this scam could never go public, it could be repeated endlessly.

Yes, Yes, this has already been stated in other threads on the same topic. I have the feeling that if this guy actuall got paid by Miss St. that this is what happened. the more this continues though I'm not so sure he is nothing more than a scapegoat for Bonds.

On another note.

please use your search before starting a new thread about the same topic. I think there are about 100 threads out there on this topic.

I've said before, but if you are in the business of shopping players around for 200k, you do your dirt with people you know and trust.. You don't call someone you claim to have not spoken to in 30 years...Also if you are MS and the star player you are recruiting suddenly gets offered to you for 200k, don't you have a responsibility to pick up the phone and question the family? How would MS's compliance dept even let the recruitment continue after something like that if they were so concerned?

as anal as it seems to you, it does help keep the boards be less cluttered. It does happen though and there's no need to apologise for it.

Take your theory. Now what if Cecil Newton found out about this. That adds a lot of color as to why he made the "rented mule" comment and told his son he couldn't attend MSU.

been saying that for a while

sorry if I sounded anal. I didn't mean to be course. Bird is right though at times of big news we end up with tons of threads on the same topic.

as far as it not being said it's been stated by multiple people on here including myself.

Well, people need to start merging the topics or deleting them before they get a ton of posts. One thing I hate seeing is topic after topic on the exact same thing. But if the admins and mods don't control it... Nothing will change. I've helped manage forums before, and it takes a big staff to run a big forum.

Archived