Bob Stoop's comments on Cam's recruitment...

AgentOrange

Taken from espn:

In Oklahoma, coach Bob Stoops said the Sooners didn't come across anything irregular as they were recruiting Newton.

Stoops said at his news conference Tuesday that he "didn't notice anything and none of our coaches did as we were recruiting him."

Stoops said he knew of "nothing at all" out of the ordinary and that Newton's recruitment "could not have been better."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783876

You mean Stoops didn't have some one asking for $200K for Cam?  According to John Bond he was asking everyone else recruiting him to pay $200K.  Hmmmm, do you think Bob Stoops is not telling the truth either?    Surely you would believe John Bond more than Bob Stoops.

WDE!

Taken from espn:

In Oklahoma, coach Bob Stoops said the Sooners didn't come across anything irregular as they were recruiting Newton.

Stoops said at his news conference Tuesday that he "didn't notice anything and none of our coaches did as we were recruiting him."

Stoops said he knew of "nothing at all" out of the ordinary and that Newton's recruitment "could not have been better."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783876

Except the fact he didn't sign Cam... ;)

For some reason I never liked Sttops much (maybe bitter for 04, although thats not his fault) but I have a lot of respect for him now. He didnt need to come out and say that and it is an objective guy that lost Newton and is being honest. Always will respect Stoops now.

Guest midnight

For some reason I never liked Sttops much (maybe bitter for 04, although thats not his fault) but I have a lot of respect for him now. He didnt need to come out and say that and it is an objective guy that lost Newton and is being honest. Always will respect Stoops now.

me too

Archived