I have to talk about something else.

28Auburn27

With all the hoop-lah surrounding Newton, I think I've had my fill of it for at least the next 10 hours or so. I just wanted to comment on all the players and how everyone seems to have gotten better in their own way. Darvin Adams is as good as ever, Kodi Burns is a better receiver than I ever thought he could be, and Emory Blake gets better every week. Michael Dyer continues to impress me more and more, and Onterio Mccaleb is miles ahead of where he was last year (granted, he did have an injury last year). Eric Smith and Lutz are just lethal when it comes to blocking, and the O-Line has been superb ever since the Clemson game. As for the defense, we might not hold the points down all the time, but we do have playmakers on defense. And rewatch the Alabama/LSU game if you want to appreciate our defense. Alabama's defense at times looked slow and like they weren't trying. Say what you want about our defense, but Coach Chizik, Ted Roof, and all the defensive coaches have this group playing hard week in and week out. I also challenge any team to hold Arkansas's offense under 43 points if they put 65 on the board. With such an explosive offense, the defense can't bottle a team up all the time because they're on the field so much. My hat is off to the coaches for making everyone play harder and better, when the only person that truly gets talked about nationally is Cameron Newton. This is a close-knit group and I want so bad for them to get the championship/championships that they deserve. War Eagle, and thank you for all the updates that everyone in this forum provides me. Hold out hope, and don't ever give up on our Tigers. I'm a student here at Auburn, and love every minute of it. WAR EAGLE!

War Eagle, Ways!!! Glad to see a newer poster. Glad to see a positive post. Keep 'em coming.

:wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Yeah all the players seem to be so much better this year.  Darvin's numbers aren't as gaudy as last years BUT the key factor is we have now have more than two solid receivers this year.  Blake has emerged as a great go to guy and Burns has really stepped up in catching (has been fantastic as a blocker) and of course Zachery is still as solid as last year.  War Eagle!

I love Cam but this is more than a one man show. We would be competitive and highly ranked with any of the other Qbs that we have. Cam is great but this is about AU.

We have elite running back talent, Cam is awesome but he is a product of them being paranoid of all the other weapons the coaches have assembled. Chizick is the best coach in america in my mind

We have elite running back talent, Cam is awesome but he is a product of them being paranoid of all the other weapons the coaches have assembled. Chizick is the best coach in america in my mind

Huldebord%2065.jpg

Archived