UPDATE: According to Bruce Feldman's latest Tweet...

AUTigergrad08

It would be on Cecil Newtons part..unfortuately

I really don't know why you would say that so definitively? No reason it couldn't be any of the other "folks" involved on the other side....

Guest simonsez

This would make total sense as to why kenny rogers came out yesterday and said that cecil asked for money.  Hes trying to divert the attention away from him.

Extortion:

noun

1. an act or instance of extorting.

2. Law . the crime of obtaining money or some other thing of value by the abuse of one's office or authority.

3. oppressive or illegal exaction, as of excessive price or interest: the extortions of usurers.

4. anything extorted.

AUgrad08,

Where are you getting all these rumors from.  You just posted on another thread about it's gonna be announced at 1 that one of the AU coaches was involved.  You already have one warning from the site so I'm calling you out.  Are you making this stuff up or is someone feeding you bad info?

Guest midnight

It would be on Cecil Newtons part..unfortuately

I really don't know why you would say that so definitively? No reason it couldn't be any of the other "folks" involved on the other side....

THIS why did you just point out cams father

Guest midnight

AUgrad08,

Where are you getting all these rumors from.  You just posted on another thread about it's gonna be announced at 1 that one of the AU coaches was involved.  You already have one warning from the site so I'm calling you out.  Are you making this stuff up or is someone feeding you bad info?

THIS

AUgrad08,

1.) Bruce Feldman tweeted this who is an ESPN college football insider.  I didn't make this up.  Check Bruce Feldman's twitter.  

2.) There have been several rumors about something leaking today at 1 p.m.  I didn't make that up either.  Gave the specifics of what I heard.  That is all.

3.) I got a warning for how I described AU's football defense on the field.  Which I agree was wrong on my part.  

Guest simonsez

AUgrad08,

1.) Bruce Feldman tweeted this who is an ESPN college football insider.  I didn't make this up.  Check Bruce Feldman's twitter.  

2.) There have been several rumors about something leaking today at 1 p.m.  I didn't make that up either.  Gave the specifics of what I heard.  That is all.

3.) I got a warning for how I described AU's football defense on the field.  Which I agree was wrong on my part.  

Maybe the mods will take away the warning if you describe auburns offense on the field.  lol

All these football insiders at ESPN have zero credibility on this situation.  Where did you get the rumor on the AU coach being involved?  Sorry, but I find that next to impossible to believe.

I have been reading the same, that the case is looking to be extortion.  That is the ONLY reason the FBI would be involved in a COLLEGE FOOTBALL investigation.  The FBI only investigates inter-state crimes (as it pertains to this case).  If Cecil was acting as an agent (not defined as extortion) and shopping Cam, the NCAA would investigate and then if they wanted to press criminal charges they would utilize the investigative agencies within the state of Mississippi.  The NCAA has not gone after the families of college football players before.  It would be strange if they started to now.  I truly feel that this is an investigation into Kenny Rogers and possibly John Bond as well (not as likely).  I could be wrong, but this is what I've been saying from the beginning. javascript:void(0);

All these football insiders at ESPN have zero credibility on this situation.  Where did you get the rumor on the AU coach being involved?  Sorry, but I find that next to impossible to believe.

I think we should just let that rumor die.  With so called "insiders" you can never be sure these days.  And, that's all it was from.  

I think we should just let that rumor die.  With so called "insiders" you can never be sure these days.  And, that's all it was from.  

AUgrad08, I didn't mean to come off as an ass, but I'm just sick of hearing about all these unsubstaniated rumors....especially those that involve anyone in the AU family.  AND don't bad-mouth our D ever again... :-\

I have been reading the same, that the case is looking to be extortion.  That is the ONLY reason the FBI would be involved in a COLLEGE FOOTBALL investigation.  The FBI only investigates inter-state crimes (as it pertains to this case).  If Cecil was acting as an agent (not defined as extortion) and shopping Cam, the NCAA would investigate and then if they wanted to press criminal charges they would utilize the investigative agencies within the state of Mississippi.  The NCAA has not gone after the families of college football players before.  It would be strange if they started to now.  I truly feel that this is an investigation into Kenny Rogers and possibly John Bond as well (not as likely).  I could be wrong, but this is what I've been saying from the beginning. javascript:void(0);

This is my particular take.  I could be way off base, but something just doesn't resonate with the stories of Rogers being hard pressed for money.

Augrad is posting what ESPN and others saying, these aren't opinions.  He's simply posting what he has been reading/hearing.  Alot better than some of the personal opinions I have read over the past week.....

Archived