Bad feeling in my gut

BamaGrad03

I don't know...i just have a bad bad feeling about this one. I've been through/around hurricanes, tornadoes etc...

Something's different about this one. I talked to a friend of mine who works for fox 6...she said that they were told only 40% of the people in Mobile evacuated.

Is this just the news people getting everyone all riled up? Or is this really the worst one to ever hit Alabama?

Whatever it is, I dont like it.

Wow, you could still be living in Mobile right now...I'm thinking we'll lose power for a day or so but it shouldn't be TOO bad, I hope.

Are you going to work tomorrow? I'm on a wait-and-see schedule right now...

I didn't start to feel bad about it until today. I heard a meteorologist on the radio say "if you dont know the lord now is the time to start praying" or somthing very close to that. That is some scary stuff coming from a weatherman. Im praying that this thing will die down and do minimal damage.

I kinda got nervous last night right before bedtime when the pressure dropped again and wsfa said it would definately make landfall as a catagory 4.

If that thing heads up mobile bay it could be really bad. The surge will be at least about 10-16 feet and will be greatened by the narrowing of the bay. I just hope it doesn't get any stronger. Right now it is 1 millibar below hugo so it could strengthen.

Itis currently rocking the house a little in se al(about 25 miles west of enterprise, al.). About 30-45 mph gusts with some heavy periodic rain. Not alot of thunder and lightning here yet but there are tornado warnings popping up all around us. There are some nasty bands coming through. I'm gonna snooze for awhile til the real deal gets here. It's turning towards us a little but the eye should stay a good bit west of us.

The back of the eyewall is breaking up a little but it could be temporary.

im trying to figure out where to move my car too. I know that pear trees at every corner are pretty but it makes for a difficult decision on where to put you car since broken limbs on pear trees happen when it isnt windy....

Archived