Lattimore helping in Recruiting

TigerProwl24

I think it's great Marcus Lattimore has been helping in our recruitment of other players. I've always like ML.

quote:

“I talked to Marcus Lattimore,” Huggins said. “He was recruiting me a little bit talking about South Carolina, but he talked about Auburn, too, because I asked him about it. He told me it is a good school and go check it out. When Coach Lupe (Luper) came to the house he said this school won’t disappoint even when there is nobody here (students gone for the break). I still enjoyed everything about it. That is really what stuck with me."

ML wouldn't be the super star here like he is at SC, but his body would last much longer b/c he wouldn't be carring the ball 30-45 times a game

lattimore is not recruiting for auburn. he doesnt want to share carries with another 5* rb. i bet he would not send a 5* olineman to auburn. with that said i still love to watch him tote the rock and wish he was at auburn.

ML wouldn't be the super star here like he is at SC, but his body would last much longer b/c he wouldn't be carring the ball 30-45 times a game

This is not directed at Pablo, but I think it is just funny how we can change everything to be in our favor.  Last year about this time we couldn't figure out why anybody would want to go to a Spurrier offense because he just doesn't run the ball.  Know he is running the ball too much. 

Anyways, I think that is very classy of Marcus to tell recruits to check us out.  Sort of like what was told to him by one of our own.  I am with you on the fact that ML is and will always be a super star in SC.  Here he could have become a legend, but they might have despised him in his home state.

I think it's great Marcus Lattimore has been helping in our recruitment of other players. I've always like ML.

quote:

“I talked to Marcus Lattimore,” Huggins said. “He was recruiting me a little bit talking about South Carolina, but he talked about Auburn, too, because I asked him about it. He told me it is a good school and go check it out. When Coach Lupe (Luper) came to the house he said this school won’t disappoint even when there is nobody here (students gone for the break). I still enjoyed everything about it. That is really what stuck with me."

This was posted in the Huggins thread my good friend.

I don't think ML was trying to push competition away.  He's just a good kid who was being honest with a fellow athlete.  Marcus obviously thinks highly of AU or he wouldn't have had us in it until the end along with his home state school.  In the end USC won out, but Marcus still had a lotta love for AU and our coaches. In my opinion, based on recent comments from his Mom, had it not been for outside influences, Marcus would have been a tiger.  He's a good reminder to us all that just because a kid goes to another school doesn't mean he's not a great person.

Archived