Bill King

tinman

I have no inside info. I do have a brother, we're pretty close, but we went to different colleges. (Actually he went to Bama and I went to Auburn.) There's a lot of people who have good relationships with their siblings, but have no problem doing their own thing. I'm sure it gives Bama an edge, but considering he's from out of state it probably helps Auburn that his brother is in the same state too, compared to Iowa or New Mexico. I never hear that mentioned, but I think it's a factor that can help Auburn.

Also a lot of people on the boards seem to count NM out, and maybe when it comes down to it, he'll want to go to a bigger program, but from what I've read he seems most high on NM and their coaches and it wouldn't shock me if signs there at all. (Afterall if he was just looking at big football programs there are a bunch out there he didn't really consider.)

I wouldn't be shocked to see him at any of the schools he's looked at including Auburn and Bama. (Of course I hope it's auburn!) War Eagle. National Champs (does saying that ever get old?)

No

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard King on F-bomb. What I thought I heard him say that he had no real inside info, but that he did not see the guy going anywhere but UAT simply because his brother was there. He said he was basing that on the fact that family usually wins out.

That is a reasonable, though certainly not infallible, assumption on which to make an educated guess.  If I had to guess and I had no other information, I would guess the same thing.  I certainly would not call the King an idiot or pro UAT or anti AU just because he said something I did not want to hear.

If he had said he thought the guy was coming to AU, people here would be raving about how brilliant and credible he was and pointing to all of his past correct predictions.

Bill King is all about radio ratings.  He loves college football above all others.  He is an arrogant son of a gun at times and he believes that he could walk on water if you were prepared to pay him enough to do so, but until then he will stay at the mic and play King of the Airwaves via his Rivals Radio program.  I find him entertaining and he exposes his listeners to several sources each week, but you have to take his verbiage with a bit of salt.  He does a reasonable job to appear impartial, but he is human and has his obvious favorites.  Heck, we all do, so I cut him some slack on most days.

As far as Cyrus is concerned, I know where he is going to attend college to play football in 2011.

Wherever he wants to.   :we:  :party:  :happydance:

Also a lot of people on the boards seem to count NM out, and maybe when it comes down to it, he'll want to go to a bigger program, but from what I've read he seems most high on NM and their coaches and it wouldn't shock me if signs there at all.

He does like NM, because of that he's keeping them in his final schools out of respect & in his mind he's hoping to help them by doing so. This is commendable & shows he is indeed fond of NM but there's no way he signs with them.

Also a lot of people on the boards seem to count NM out, and maybe when it comes down to it, he'll want to go to a bigger program, but from what I've read he seems most high on NM and their coaches and it wouldn't shock me if signs there at all.

He does like NM, because of that he's keeping them in his final schools out of respect & in his mind he's hoping to help them by doing so. This is commendable & shows he is indeed fond of NM but there's no way he signs with them.

With the job Locksley has done at NM, expect them to be in the conversation among mid-level schools within a few years.

Cyrus would redshirt at Alabama his first year.  Not only does Alabama have talent,  but they have experienced talent at every O-Line position, especially OT.

Now excuse me while I go throw up now...

I wasn't blown away by the Bama O-line at all last year. Not that they were bad but they didn't set the world on fire by any means. Anyway, you may be right but I've seen stranger things happen than a Freshman taking an upperclassman's position.

Listen to Bill King everyday!!!! In my opinion, he is the BEST college football talk host on radio by far. He admits constantly that he is not a "recruiting guru", but more than often he is correct. Bill does justice to college football year-round, and welcomes callers from across the nation. He is much smarter than Finebaum for sure!!! Bill has many coaches that participate in the show when called upon, including HCGC. Most informative show on the air.

Now, my commercial is over. But I will definitely have the radio dial on Rivals Radio and Bill King all day NSD.

Are ya'll serious? He has a freakin' brother playing at Alabama. It would be a shocker if he went anywhere but Alabama. Yes, it may be hard for us to concede that to 'Bama, but it's just the truth. Time to be realistic. It's gonna be VERY hard to overcome the family influence. I'm not sayin' we can't land Cyrus K., but our chances are very slim. That's just the reality of the situation.

You got to be kidding his family has a 1 year experience with Alabama. It's not like there the Hannahs. I am sure Cyrus will go where it is best for him, gotta admit if it's not Auburn, I hope it's Iowa.

Archived