Any chance we get in on Clowney?

austudnt23

Guest jojo1515

you can say no and you are probably right (almost certainly actually)  but you never put anything past this staff.  They may be the main ones who can say "look, we saved a spot for you!"  I highly doubt it,  but we did land Westerman :thumbsup:

No chance.  Too late in the game which is really why we missed on CK and BC.  The staff did a great job of getting the kids excited about AU but that base of support from the parents was missing.  Probably because the staff was having to scramble and fill a 2-yr recruiting void and having to hustle to make a lot a of rather quick, excellent impressions on the kids we landed.  This situation will improve next year since the staff has been able to focus in on recruits 2-3 yrs out and start building more relationships.

No chance.  Too late in the game which is really why we missed on CK and BC.   The staff did a great job of getting the kids excited about AU but that base of support from the parents was missing.   Probably because the staff was having to scramble and fill a 2-yr recruiting void and having to hustle to make a lot a of rather quick, excellent impressions on the kids we landed.  This situation will improve next year since the staff has been able to focus in on recruits 2-3 yrs out and start building more relationships.

I agree with this. Good post.

Well I don't see why we don't give it a try.  We've got the room, what could it hurt?  Hell, we almost got two Bama locks to sign, one a life-long Bammer. The other has a brother currently on Bama's team.  The worst that could happen is he would say "No". 

We don't need anybody we have to beg to come to Auburn period.  Auburn is a special kind of place.  I for one am sick and tired of all this drama.  One day soon all recruits will realize there is something special going at Auburn as many already have.  More national championships to come at AU wait and see!!!  We need true Auburn men who will shed blood, sweat, and tears for the orange and blue and nothing less!  There are a lot of premadonnas out there but can you really count on them when it really counts.  I myself want the recruits with heart who will lay it all on the line for themselves, for their teammates, and for Auburn!!!  You gotta have heart.....

USCe signed 32 on signing day which is 4 over the SEC max so are they allowed to sign anyone else?  Since this is not an NCAA rule can the SEC really enforce the 28 limit?

USCe signed 32 on signing day which is 4 over the SEC max so are they allowed to sign anyone else?  Since this is not an NCAA rule can the SEC really enforce the 28 limit?

yes they count back like our 32 last year.

We don't need anybody we have to beg to come to Auburn period.  Auburn is a special kind of place.  I for one am sick and tired of all this drama.  One day soon all recruits will realize there is something special going at Auburn as many already have.  More national championships to come at AU wait and see!!!  We need true Auburn men who will shed blood, sweat, and tears for the orange and blue and nothing less!  There are a lot of premadonnas out there but can you really count on them when it really counts.  I myself want the recruits with heart who will lay it all on the line for themselves, for their teammates, and for Auburn!!!  You gotta have heart.....

Recruiting is a form of "Begging" but no1 begs anyone.  Do you really think that all 24 of our commits would have come to Auburn if we had not "recruited" them?  :laugh:

Guest jojo1515

yes, they count back, HOWEVER, if they sign another (Clowney) that would be 33 (5 over the 28).  So that would have to mean that they only signed 20 last year out of a possible 25???? (i know 28 is the max, but you can only sign 25)  Is that all that they signed???  If so, what in the heck happened??  How did they not sign (out of 28 commits possible) more than 20?

Guest jojo1515

JUST LOOKED IT UP!  they have 4 early enrolees, allowing them to have a TOTAL of 32 LOI's, this year  If they already have accepted 32 loi's then Clowney can't sign with USCe.........interesting

edited*** this is their own forum showing 33 players, already 1 over the 32  hmmm

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=118002

while they are shown as having 31 on scout and 30 on rivals.......tuna anyone?

I'm just glad Clowney's not going to Bama  :wareagle:

I wouldn't bank on that statement.  There is a lot of time between now and Feb. 14th.

I'm just glad Clowney's not going to Bama  :wareagle:

Just depends on how many media members they send to try to change his mind. Don't put ANYTHING past those slimeballs.

Archived