Clowney maybe visiting Oregon? According to CNNSI article.

austudnt23

I don;t know how to link.  I saw it on another AU site.  If he is thinking about taking other visits lets go after him!  You never know if he takes a  visit here we could get him.

At this point all the teams left are just basically bidding on his services. I would not touch this one, it just seem to me that too many red flags could be raised with all his dropping teams and visiting others at the last minute.

I may be totally wrong in this, but I think we should stay away from this kid.  Would love to be wrong though!

I get that same vibe.

But while he's in the Oregon locker room....maybe he'll run into :-X.

I may be totally wrong in this, but I think we should stay away from this kid.  Would love to be wrong though!

Uh, we aren't and never were in it for Clowney.  We don't have to worry about staying away from him.

Uh, we aren't and never were in it for Clowney.  We don't have to worry about staying away from him.

Uh, yeah that's kinda what I was saying.

I know that everyone is really high on Clowney but I am just not overly sold on him.  I have a gut feeling that just peaked size wise early and that put him way above anyone that he has seen on the field.  I guess time will tell but that is what my gut is telling me.

I know that everyone is really high on Clowney but I am just not overly sold on him.  I have a gut feeling that just peaked size wise early and that put him way above anyone that he has seen on the field.   I guess time will tell but that is what my gut is telling me.

Well he dominated in All-Star games against people his size and even people bigger, such as Cyrus K. He's gonna be a beast.

And this possible Oregon visit shows he knows where he's going, and now he's just taking visits to places that he knows are cool and would like to see for himself

see this baffles me. he is the consensus #1 recruit in the nation, located in the southeast, and will be ready to play from day one. why arent we not pursuing him? so what if theres no chance but something could happen and he comes for a visit and loves it, then committs and sticks with it. if we are going to go after top tier recruits then why not start with #1. again its just an opinion

Ever heard the Greek myth or maybe Aesop about the merchant selling a spear that would penetrate every shield, and also selling a shield that would stop any spear?

I've heard Cyrus was the only OL to stop Clowney, and now AMM says Clowney dominated everyone, even Cyrus.  Which is it?  Unstoppable spear, or impenetrable shield?

Ever heard the Greek myth or maybe Aesop about the merchant selling a spear that would penetrate every shield, and also selling a shield that would stop any spear?

I've heard Cyrus was the only OL to stop Clowney, and now AMM says Clowney dominated everyone, even Cyrus.  Which is it?  Unstoppable spear, or impenetrable shield?

He was the only one to make Clowney look semi-human. But Clowney embarrassed Cyrus on some plays

Make no mistake about it Clowney is gonna be good but, these O lineman that he dominated in the all star games have not had their footwork and skills taught on the college level. He will not dominate the college game like he did the HS level. He very well could control the line like say a Fairley or Suh did, but he will not control it any better than they did. Plus you will be able to run away from him on the end better than you could run away from them blowing the middle up.

Make no mistake about it Clowney is gonna be good but, these O lineman that he dominated in the all star games have not had their footwork and skills taught on the college level. He will not dominate the college game like he did the HS level. He very well could control the line like say a Fairley or Suh did, but he will not control it any better than they did. Plus you will be able to run away from him on the end better than you could run away from them blowing the middle up.

Has there ever been a top player who dominated college as much as HS? Of course they aren't gonna dominate as much, the players are better.

I'm pretty sure whichever team gets him will be pretty satisfied if he controls the line only as much as Suh or Fairley did. And while he won't be able to blow the middle up as much (considering he plays a different position, so that's obvious), he'll have more sacks than either of them did IMO

Let's take a chill pill with regard to Mr. Clowney.  If this young man wanted to play for AUBURN, he knows where the school is and how to get in touch with the Athletic Dept. to schedule a visit.  If the AUBURN staff hasn't made a strong move for him to visit, then you got to believe there is a reason for their actions or lack there of.  Team chemistry is far more important than sheer talent.  Attitude goes a long way in making or breaking the team dynamic.  I think there may be more than meets the eye with Mr. Clowney and therefore, I am will to pass on him unless the AU coaches say otherwise.  we have a great group of guys committed already, so I am ready to watch them team pull together and gear up for another run at some championship football this year.  War Eagle Baby!!

Has there ever been a top player who dominated college as much as HS? Of course they aren't gonna dominate as much, the players are better.

I'm pretty sure whichever team gets him will be pretty satisfied if he controls the line only as much as Suh or Fairley did. And while he won't be able to blow the middle up as much (considering he plays a different position, so that's obvious), he'll have more sacks than either of them did IMO

cam newton, nick fairly are the only 2 that come to mind right now.

He was the only one to make Clowney look semi-human. But Clowney embarrassed Cyrus on some plays

Actually, it was reported that La'el Collins was the only person able to stop him; however, it was in practice.

My brother whos' for uat was helping me with something last night and he told he's more than 100% sure this guy will pick uat because they already got Calloway and CK. I didn't say anything smart or otherwise. He's a great brother inlaw and I have a lto of respect for him and think the world of him but, sometimes he can get under my skin when he's talking about uat and their championships. You would think they've won 519 national championships from the way he talks.

I get that same vibe.

But while he's in the Oregon locker room....maybe he'll run into :-X.

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:

My .02, Clowney is the best high school player I've have seen (video clips) in a long, long, time. If they guy does the right thing at whatever school he attends he is going to be a star and future NFL 1st round pick IMO. I really wish we had a shot at him but he has had no interest in us.  :'( I wish him the best and hope he goes somewhere that we don't have to play against him.

Saw a short interview with him on 42 Sports last night. Said his final picks are SCe, Clemson, and you know who. :-X

One of the few guys in recent memory who lived up to the hype and actually dominated was Daquan Bowers, the DE from S.C. who went to Clemson.  I know Clowney has great speed and deceptive strength with the possibility to be dominant at the D1 level, but I think he needs to gain about 15-20 lbs of muscle first.  He's kinda light for the strongside DE position.  250-260 would be scary on his frame.

Archived