Auburn vs Alabama Game 3 (Going for the sweep/flush)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a great guy but, I don't understand JP. He's done this kind of thing all year. There is no reason UAT should have won this game other then to say that John Pawlowski gave it to them.

You might be the most optimistic poster about Auburn Baseball. It's hard for me to even read an Auburn Baseball thread now because of your optimism.  :laugh:

I would like to think we could sweep Tennessee but wouldn't bet the farm on it. We seem to find new ways to blow Sunday games. What is ourconference record on Sunday. It seems to be awful. I will take just winning the series and rooting for usce lsu and whoever plays arky.

Final SEC series schedule:

Bama vs. S. Car.

MSU vs. LSU

Arkansas vs. Ole Miss

AU vs. Tennessee

Our safest bet to win the West is to sweep next weekend, and we couldn't ask for an easier opponent than Tennessee. I guess the good thing is that we have the tiebreaker over everybody in the West except MSU.

Don't count on it.

Ok I'm sorry everyone else but I feel, for the first time, that this needs to be said:

You have been wrong the ENTIRE season about everything baseball.  90% of your baseball posts have been predictions that we're going to lose a series, not make a regional, or about how bad our team and coaches are.  Just give it up.  We just won the freaking series and you make a comment about how unlikely it is that we sweep Tennessee?  I mean come on. I'm not saying suport everything that happens, good or bad.  But I am saying it gets really old seeing you post doom and gloom every time we lose a game.  Not a series, but a game.  

The positives are we have a set rotation now, that rotation has pitched good two weeks as a row and now we need it to go on the road and take care of Tenn.....that plus the fact we have the tie breaker on everybody except Miss ST has me very optimist

I thought JP knew a lot about pitching. Shoundn't he know when it's time pull a guy and bring a fresh arm in the game?

Don't count on it.

Ok I'm sorry everyone else but I feel, for the first time, that this needs to be said:

You have been wrong the ENTIRE season about everything baseball.  90% of your baseball posts have been predictions that we're going to lose a series, not make a regional, or about how bad our team and coaches are.  Just give it up.  We just won the freaking series and you make a comment about how unlikely it is that we sweep Tennessee?  I mean come on. I'm not saying suport everything that happens, good or bad.  But I am saying it gets really old seeing you post doom and gloom every time we lose a game.  Not a series, but a game.  

I ditto this.....you might be forever but your not Auburn

JP cost us this game.

No he didn't. J Hargett cost Auburn this game. Ask the fans that were at the game!! :banghead: :banghead:

I thought JP knew a lot about pitching. Shoundn't he know when it's time pull a guy and bring a fresh arm in the game?

I thought u knew when to stop posting.

Sorry guys, I have to go with the Coach's decision. Trying to keep everyone fresh :dunno:, I support his coaching decision.

Maybe you should give coaching a shot :dunno:

Unfortunately sounds like JP went with his gut with Smith and his gut ended up being wrong. I'm more frustrated we didn't bunt the guys over in the 8th and get em in scoring position so a sac fly scores a run. Still we have won what 4 of our last 5 SEC series so no reason for any negativity. Let's take 2 of 3 from Tennessee and go to Hoover

Just making sure I understand how the tournament works. Is it 1st and 2nd in both the east and west then the next four are just best record no matter which division right? 

If I support the Coach in wins, then I must support him in a loss. Right or wrong, I believe he made the best decision for the team's sake, in trying to win, and honestly 2 out of three is an overall victory.

None of us are perfect and I truly believe Coach has nothing but our teams success at heart, so with that being said, I wont lead him to the Iron Maiden over a loss. ;)

I question coach Paw's decisions on pitching alot like everyone else, however, he coached an Auburn team last year to the West title and SEC tourney appearance for the first time in a while.  While there are games Auburn could have won this year they lost, they are on the verge of repeating as West Champs and with that I cant complain too much...

I question coach Paw's decisions on pitching alot like everyone else, however, he coached an Auburn team last year to the West title and SEC tourney appearance for the first time in a while.  While there are games Auburn could have won this year they lost, they are on the verge of repeating as West Champs and with that I cant complain too much...

While we do have a legit shot to win the West again, I have to be a realist at the same time. The SEC West is way down overall as a division. No team over .500 in league play? That's bad. Also, while I do believe Pawlowski is a somewhat good coach, Slater could've coached us to the Western division title last year. All of our big-time hitters came together and got hot as a group last year, and there was no stopping them. It's not hard to write 1)Fradejas 2)Mummey 3) Fletcher 4) Morris into the first four of the batting order and get wins. Pawlowski got A TON of help from Slater's recruits. I'm not saying Pawlowski had nothing to do with winning it because you still have to coach, but that offense made it very easy for him. Just how I see it.

That's why I say it will be very interesting to see what next year's team looks like because it will be the first year Pawlowski coaches with strictly his own players.

While we do have a legit shot to win the West again, I have to be a realist at the same time. The SEC West is way down overall as a division. No team over .500 in league play? That's bad. Also, while I do believe Pawlowski is a somewhat good coach, Slater could've coached us to the Western division title last year. All of our big-time hitters came together and got hot as a group last year, and there was no stopping them. It's not hard to write 1)Fradejas 2)Mummey 3) Fletcher 4) Morris into the first four of the batting order and get wins. Pawlowski got A TON of help from Slater's recruits. I'm not saying Pawlowski had nothing to do with winning it because you still have to coach, but that offense made it very easy for him. Just how I see it.

That's why I say it will be very interesting to see what next year's team looks like because it will be the first year Pawlowski coaches with strictly his own players.

I disagree about Slater because with those same players the 2 years before he didn't even get us too Hoover... I do however agree next year will be real telling on what direction program is heading in. I think it's going in the right direction

i disagree with the opinions that JP made the wrong decisions. Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but with our 2 0 lead in the early innings, we blew it for Slade at that point...harmless flyball into short center and no one makes the play, really, at this level? that lead to 2 runs i believe. Slade , as of inning number 8 had only thrown 85 pitches. He is a ground ball pitcher and the double play was is in order. And also, really who was available? Ortman  was unavailable and Wallen had thrown some innings, so what option was available?  I would have loved to swept Bama, but honestly, options were limited. Also, the umpiring was terrible. Not using that as an excuse, but it certainly changed the momentum in the 8th. 

i disagree with the opinions that JP made the wrong decisions. Not to be disrespectful to anyone, but with our 2 0 lead in the early innings, we blew it for Slade at that point...harmless flyball into short center and no one makes the play, really, at this level? that lead to 2 runs i believe. Slade , as of inning number 8 had only thrown 85 pitches. He is a ground ball pitcher and the double play was is in order. And also, really who was available? Ortman  was unavailable and Wallen had thrown some innings, so what option was available?  I would have loved to swept Bama, but honestly, options were limited. Also, the umpiring was terrible. Not using that as an excuse, but it certainly changed the momentum in the 8th.   

Understatement.  This was a TERRIBLE weekend behind the plate.

See what I did there?  :tease:

I have no problem leaving Slade in, or not bunting in that situation. Coach knows this team a lot better than all of us do, so I support his decisions. And yes Slade has only thrown 88 pitches threw 8 innings. I personally don't understand why he brought Jay Wade in there, I guess just to keep others fresh, but other than that I support everything he said. Honestly, blame should be put pretty much solely on the dang umpires. That idiot behind the plate today made a good bit of key mistakes behind the plates, and cost us a run or two. It was just plain ridiculous, ask anyone else there. As for the error, that was as much on Creede as it was Hargs. Hargy shouldn't have called it then since he couldn't get to it, but it was Creede's resposibility to call him off if he thinks he has the easier play and/or that  the other player can't get there. We're still in a great position, and we also have a pretty good shot at taking the west. We really need USC, Ole Miss, and most especially LSU to take care of business and take at least 1 from each of their opponents for us to really have a shot. We really need to show up big against UT and build some momentum going into the tourney.

And auburn4ever, this has GOT to stop. How many times have you been proven wrong this season? How many times have you said our season is down the drain, our coach is horrible, our pitching cannot hold a team to anything, we can't score runs, etc? It's honestly getting ridiculous

I think Wade came into to get some pressure experience. We have to find someone who can come in and get some big outs. Why not? Also, i never get negative about any Auburn coach, not my job, they get enough of that from sports writers and fans who may not actually have an idea of whats going on and putting their opinion in a public venue. Not to sway anyone away from posting opinions or to claim that they dont know sports, i just think if everyone gets behind their team and coach it makes for a much better posting enviroment,,,,just saying....lets go sweep em in tennesee and win the west. Quite an accomplishment for rebuilding year..i wonder if all other West teams fans are as critical on their teams? See you all on Hoover, Ill be right behind home plate rooting on my favorite very interesting baseball team....War Eagle

Who is this Auburn4ever dude.....really......reminds of the little weenie fan who bitc#$%*$ and complains about everything, find fault in what the team, coaches do, yet will cheer like a weanie when AU wins...saying " i agree with what the coaches did" JP lost the game?  Slade thru 87 pitches thru 8 innings....a ground ball pitcher when a double play in order?  exactly who would u have brought in?  thoughts of your baseball knowledge?  we are in a 4 way tie to win the SEC west after expecting a down season, with 9 folks lost to the draft. Your coach has recruiting ties all over the USA, not to mention scheduling teams to increase your RPI to help NCAA tourney chances. Sure, its been and up and down season, but we have had some big wins within the SEC. Please dont celebrate with us AU fans when we win the West 2 years in a row. i wonder if all the other 12-14 SEC west teams have fans or so-called fans like you...considering that the top 4 are 12-14. but may have better overall records because of loading up with easy non SEC opponents.  Hmmm  food for thought..again, im sure most would appreciate if we win the West, do well in the SEC tourny and get a bid to the NCAA.  please keep it too yourself when within 5 years, this program is back at the top every year, because it will be

I agree with all of your post except the part about winning the West. Let's be honest, if I told you at the beginning of the season that we were 12-14 where would you think we were in the West standings? What about the overall SEC standings? Winning the West this year although great, isn't a super feat at a game or 2 above or below .500.

Archived