Auburn vs Alabama Game 3 (Going for the sweep/flush)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could not agree more. Awful decision. Another base hit 6-5. Coach P is a great guy but wow.

He's not employed by our university to be a great guy.

First, he doesn't bunt with runners on 1st and 2nd w/ 0 outs in the eighth after he's been bunt happy all season long, and it's the taylor made situation to do so.

Then, he leaves a laboring Smith in for the ninth? I'll be the first to admit our bullpen doesn't have many great options, but I'd much rather have had a fresh arm out there.

Head scratching to say the least.

I think I know why he left Slade in so long he doesn't have Ortman or Wallen available for today and he doesn't trust anybody else

Just  doesn't seem to make good baseball decisions. Smith deserved better. The option not to bunt w 2nd and 3rd w noouts is to say the least confusing.

We just better sweep Tennessee. That's all I gotta say about it.

That blown lead against UGA last week REALLY hurts if we lose this one today.

Just  doesn't seem to make good baseball decisions. Smith deserved better. The option not to bunt w 2nd and 3rd w noouts is to say the least confusing.

Very weird for Pawlowski. I can understand him maybe wanting to play for the big inning -- and hindsight is always 20/20 -- but we're talking about a head coach who loves the bunt. He calls for bunts in the 1st and 2nd innings in ballgames quite often.

Just strange considering how late in the game it was and who our head coach is.

This one's on Pawlowski. Look, his hands really are tied when it comes to our pitching and our bullpen because the bullpen has just been putrid all year, but I think you gotta get a fresh arm in there. I understand leaving Smith out there from that aspect, but Smith was really laboring. Gotta take your chances w/ somebody else, even if the confidence isn't that high.

But the decision not to bunt in the eighth was bad. That's the time you want to bunt, and for a coach who loves the small ball, it was a bad decision in a tie game.

Oh well. Let's go sweep Tennessee.

He's a great guy but, I don't understand JP. He's done this kind of thing all year. There is no reason UAT should have won this game other then to say that John Pawlowski gave it to them.

Glad to take the series, but just very frustrating to give away a game. The coaching late in this game was on the same level as Les Miles clock management.

War Eagle !

I would like to think we could sweep Tennessee but wouldn't bet the farm on it. We seem to find new ways to blow Sunday games. What is ourconference record on Sunday. It seems to be awful. I will take just winning the series and rooting for usce lsu and whoever plays arky.

Archived