Basketball divisions going away in the SEC

I dig it, think it's cool. I always thought it was stupid having a #1 seed from the West at the tourney when they would be like a 4 in the East (at least most years it seems like that). This appears to be more of a true seeding based on the actual quality of the teams instead of what division they happen to be in.

I dig it, think it's cool. I always thought it was stupid having a #1 seed from the West at the tourney when they would be like a 4 in the East (at least most years it seems like that). This appears to be more of a true seeding based on the actual quality of the teams instead of what division they happen to be in.

But the results will still be skewed because teams in the West will only play teams like Florida and Vandy once while teams in the East have to play them twice.  I'm not complaining because we benefit from that... Just saying it'll still be off.

Folks in the West won't like it b/c currently the better programs are in the East, and these are the programs that stand to benefit.  This change does not bother me b/c it helps to make sure the better teams are seeded higher come tourney time.  If the shoe was on the other foot and the West had the top 3 or 4 teams in the SEC, we would be screaming for a change. 

To me its a great change. This year really won't make RPI difference because schedules still the same but the season after they are gonna redue the schedules. Division don't make since in basketball since you have a conference tournament and not a championship

22 league games is brutal, but as a season-ticket holder, I would love it. I really didn't think this was an option, but with how it was discussed in that article, it seems like a viable option.

I'm sick of the lousy non-conference teams we bring in, but I understand the difficulty. It's easy to schedule when you are at UK, but when you look at BCS teams that don't have the cache at the "bluebloods" have it is very difficult to schedule a strong RPI schedule while still also getting the necessary home games you have to have for financial reasons.

I'm much more motivated to drive over for mid-week games versus an SEC opponent.

WDE!

I wish we didn't have division play in football. I'd like to see us go back to the old days. I rember when Auburn would play Tennessee it would be the first conference game of the year and the winner of that game always had the upper hand of trying to win the SEC and going to the Sugar bowl.

Archived