Trooper/Finebaum

OffensiveAlchemy

I understand that Finebaum's platform is to let the "inmates run the asylum" so to speak, so I am able to listen to it for entertainment purposes and actually enjoy it most days.  Anyway, lately he has been all about making fun of Coach Troop.  I get the obvious reasons, he is the best recruiter in the state, and a great motivator, and therefore is hated by the Bamzos and an easy target for his show, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something relevant.  Any ideas? Thanks.  WDE.

If you are familiar with the Harry Potter movies, I believe they are trying to use the "boggart" method.  You make fun of the thing that scares you the most, so that you can live through the fear. 

Lil' Nicky would have made a great Kreacher, and they wouldn't have had to use CGI graphics.  Basically, he was an elf that went around berating everyone!  I think he might could have gotten an Oscar for it!

If you are familiar with the Harry Potter movies, I believe they are trying to use the "boggart" method.  You make fun of the thing that scares you the most, so that you can live through the fear. 

Lil' Nicky would have made a great Kreacher, and they wouldn't have had to use CGI graphics.  Basically, he was an elf that went around berating everyone!  I think he might could have gotten an Oscar for it!

A Harry Potter reference -- really? Did you just get back from Comic-Con 2011? 

:laugh:

I kid, AuburnGrad'97.  I understand what you're saying. 

I can stand Finebaum when I read him, not hear him.

You can skip the turd laden comments in his articles, but it's hard to miss them on his talk show.

Turn him off.

Wins all-around, guys.  Nerds/Auburn fans unite!  :wareagle:

I can stand Finebaum when I read him, not hear him.

You can skip the turd laden comments in his articles, but it's hard to miss them on his talk show.

Turn him off.

Well put! 

No offense taken.  Never been to Comic-Con, but I have to admit that I still enjoy a good comic book, and have read/seen all the Harry Potter movies.  I draw the line at Twilight, though!!!

Whooop, Whoooooop, Nerd Alert!  Nerd Alert!

No offense taken.  Never been to Comic-Con, but I have to admit that I still enjoy a good comic book, and have read/seen all the Harry Potter movies.  I draw the line at Twilight, though!!!

Whooop, Whoooooop, Nerd Alert!  Nerd Alert!

The force is strong with this one.... ;D

The thing about Slimbaum making fun of Coach Troop is that he has done it over the past 3 yrs on several occasions, then a couple of days later he comes on the air and apologizes. Every time he runs his mouth degrading Coach Troop, the claims he makes are false or out of line and slimbaum is brought back into check. Slimbaum has said he would not want Coach Troop on UAT's staff, but I know several bammers and updykes alike that say they would do anything to have him as a position coach and recruiter at UAT. Slimbaum will always be a hater of the AU Family and its coaching staff, especially this one, so we all as a FAMILY need to ignore it and move on.

I think Trooper slept with his wife or something. He absolutely cannot stand him.

that does open up the imagination, doesn't it?

:party:

The thing about Slimbaum making fun of Coach Troop is that he has done it over the past 3 yrs on several occasions, then a couple of days later he comes on the air and apologizes. Every time he runs his mouth degrading Coach Troop, the claims he makes are false or out of line and slimbaum is brought back into check. Slimbaum has said he would not want Coach Troop on UAT's staff, but I know several bammers and updykes alike that say they would do anything to have him as a position coach and recruiter at UAT. Slimbaum will always be a hater of the AU Family and its coaching staff, especially this one, so we all as a FAMILY need to ignore it and move on.

Finebaum has always pandered to bammers.It is a silly platform that is aimed at trivializing AU.Although I  don't listen to him anymore,Through the years,he has basically insulted everything about AU .Gosh,I  can remember him saying our radio football crew sounded like a high school crew on Friday night.Obviously,there are thousands of examples.I remember him saying UA and ND were the most important programs to college football.If AU does better than UA then something is wrong.

Troop was the running backs coach at UT and there have been speculations that he was dirty there. I am sure that is where PF gets his disdain. I'm sure he has some local 'source' that fed him all types if bs that he believe to this day. Nothing to see here...

Correct me if I'm wrong but, to my knowledge, Trooper Taylor has neve gotten a program into trouble. I find it funny that some people would claim he was dirty at UT. There was never an investigation there involving him. On the other hand, as soon as Taylor and Fulmer and the rest of his staff were gone and a new staff was hired, slime started oozing from every pore on the body of UT football.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, to my knowledge, Trooper Taylor has neve gotten an program into trouble. I find it funny that some people would claim he was dirty at UT. There was never an investigation there involving him. On the other hand, as soon as Taylor and Fulmer and his staff were gone and a new staff was hired, slime started oozing from every pore on the body of UT football.

This post is 100% accurate!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but, to my knowledge, Trooper Taylor has neve gotten an program into trouble. I find it funny that some people would claim he was dirty at UT. There was never an investigation there involving him. On the other hand, as soon as Taylor and Fulmer and his staff were gone and a new staff was hired, slime started oozing from every pore on the body of UT football.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Correct me if I'm wrong but, to my knowledge, Trooper Taylor has neve gotten a program into trouble. I find it funny that some people would claim he was dirty at UT. There was never an investigation there involving him. On the other hand, as soon as Taylor and Fulmer and the rest of his staff were gone and a new staff was hired, slime started oozing from every pore on the body of UT football.

They hate TT because he uses a secret weapon that they don't have...the truth!  Its killing them all...especially weeman!

Sad part is that I don't remember Trooper when he was at UT. I can see how he might be a polarizing figure(if you don't have him, you don't like him). Truth be told, I only know of the head coach and DC at turdville. Guess I'm not as interested in their coaching staff as they are ours.

Another interesting/sad fact is that I polled my bammer co-workers last year. Not one could tell me bama's backup QB.

It might not matter due to their first string QB being irrelevant as well. Make of it what you will.

Archived