Rivals ranks top 10 Coaching Staffs

ChuckTownTiger

Where is Auburn?

And look and some of the schools that got picked.

10) Wisconsin

9) BSU

8) Penn State

7) South Carolina

6) Iowa

5) Oregon

4) Virginia Tech

3) TCU

2) Oklahoma

1) Alabama

How many of these teams where ranked in front of Auburn at some point last year, yet we won the national championship but I guess that had nothing to do with coaching.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1249296

Yeah, one of the main reasons i use Scout for rankings and stuff instead of Rivals. Rivals doesnt seem to know how to rank anything.

Where is Auburn?

The coaches didn't have anything to do with us winning the NC. It was all those players that were not as talented as the other NC teams of past. The media can't make up their minds.

Don't you understand.  The only reason Auburn was good last year was Cam.  Coaching was terrible, team had no talent, defense was horrendous.  Cam is the only player in history of football to beat 14 teams all by himself.  But, he is definitely not good enough to play in the NFL, and he is also a terrible person.  He even scored 28 points on Kirby Smart, the best coordinator in the country.

I find it funny that half those teams are either in trouble with the NCAA or about to be or they have staffing troubles.

BSU, Oregon, Alabama have the NCAA sniffing around them and South Carolina can't keep their coaches from getting drunk and peeing in the streets.. Yah these are great staffs alright.

Don't you understand.  The only reason Auburn was good last year was Cam.  Coaching was terrible, team had no talent, defense was horrendous.  Cam is the only player in history of football to beat 14 teams all by himself.  But, he is definitely not good enough to play in the NFL, and he is also a terrible person.  He even scored 28 points on Kirby Smart, the best coordinator in the country.

:thumbsup:

Let's not forget all the coaching offers the updykes staff had.

I believe that this is another example of the media whip against auburn. if you are one of those people that says "dont buy into all this world against auburn crap", well you need to get your wallet out. Let me tell you why. The media KNOWS that this type of stuff can be used to HURT recruiting or HELP recruiting. Its obvious that Auburn's staff (based on performance alone) is one of the top three staffs in the country. Let's face it guys, we are not a media darling or never will be. the delusional predictions and similar rankings not favoring Auburn will only go away if we keep winning year after year. They will go away because the media will have no choice but to accept that Auburn is a national power and there is nothing they can do about it. They are not going to make it easy on us though.

WDE!!!

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

As always, we prove what we are on the field. It doesn't matter what "they" say because Auburn proved they were #1 and we have a crystal ball to boot!

:believe:

Where is Auburn?

And look and some of the schools that got picked.

10) Wisconsin

9) BSU

8) Penn State

7) South Carolina

6) Iowa

5) Oregon

4) Virginia Tech

3) TCU

2) Oklahoma

1) Alabama

How many of these teams where ranked in front of Auburn at some point last year, yet we won the national championship but I guess that had nothing to do with coaching.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1249296

Alabama had the best 3-loss coaching staff in the country!!! Didn't you know?

I don't care how some guy ranks coaching staffs.

I'll just take a look around and see how many coaching staff's have championship rings and a crystal football.

Man are we screwed !!!

Our  coaches aren't very good and all our good players graduated.

A much used Barfield era cheer,  "That's alright, That's OK, WDE Anyway.''

Maybe they'll all improve as the season goes on  ;D

:we:;)

Quick question re: this list.  USCe ebing ranked above AU is a silly joke.  Beat em once, gave them several weeks to prepare and get better...beat em worse the second time. 

On the UAT pick (try this argument on your favorite Tide fan)....  Even as an AU fan you have to acknowledge that they are a very talented football team, some would argue the most talented team in the nation.  Now this list suggests they have the best coaching staff in the nation.  One question, do you think the UAT coaching staff would have won the NC last yr with AU's players?  If Tide fan says yes, they are admitting our undefeated AU squad must've had more talent than a 3 loss Updyke squad.  If Tide fan says no, they are suggesting that AU's coaching staff outperformed the UAT staff.

Well, which one is it?  Can't have it both ways.  You will always beat a Tide fan with this argument b/c they'll never admit AU has more talent and sure as hell won't admit our staff is superior.  This argument allows them to paint themselves into a corner. 

Joke! Joke! Joke! while I agree with about 8 of those choices, I think the order is wrong too. And for goodness sake, will someone please get the media of Nick Saban's teat!

This bammer today said that he didnt like arguing football with me and I said thats because you don't even bother to pay attention to the names of the people in your own program or any facts or statistics about the teams of the past and I do. I think that we have the best staff in the country.  I may be drinking orange and blue kool aid but it tastes so delicious. We do not need virtual rankings to boost our egos like the tiders do. They are an ego driven people and if it is not about Alabama all the time they just tune you out and make up some gossip and put blinders on and think Sabannantion or if they are female how to woo Weeman.  Thats all for my rant!

How can you rank Oklahoma in the top 100?  They have all the talent, yet lose to teams they are supposed to beat every year.  Same goes for VT, and the turds.  When I think of great coaching staffs, Chizik and company are def in my top 5.  They have out coached little nicky 2 years in a row.  Oregon!!!!  Come on, that staff looked like deer in headlights (i.e. shula) during that NC game.  Now I would also put Boise in my top 5, and Stanford, had Harbaugh stayed.

• 4 years later...

Archived