Just some Random Thoughts

dfish2008

Just some AU Food for thought 

1.) Has Cecil Newton ever admitted that he "ASKED" for money from Kenny Rogers I mean We know Rogers contacted Bond and Bond contacted MSU coaches who shot it down as soon as they heard about it (even though I find that hard to believe ) but no one in any article I have read has stated that Cecil Newton Solicitated money only that Rogers asked for the money from MSU through Bond ...Now was it wrong for Cecil to even consider making a deal with Rogers about Cam ,Sure it was does it make him the Slimeball he is being portrayed as being, it would if he would have went through with it

2.)How do you Identify a witness and  THEN.... hope they come forward ,Would they not have to come forward first is the NCAA "Source" that Danny Sheridan has a Physic or did he have an Empipeny or is this just Danny's Way of  drawing Attention to himself right before the season starts FOOTBALL season that is you know where alot of people seek advice on how to bet on Games and who else would you want as a "Source" than the man who has inside Connection's to NCAA by the way I know who the Bagman is and I will reveal it 24 hrs after the NCAA does so I know I get it right and if the NCAA closes the case then the Witness never came forward hmmmm Win ,Win 100 % odds 

3.)How does the NCAA not Investigate A school who not only has been rumored to break NCAA rules but has Photographic proof posted all over the worldwide web and with OSU,UM,NC,TN,Oregon,GT oh yeah and AU bein investigated "which makes them the only school in NCAA history to be investigated without ever being sent a N.O.I "(Notice of Inquiry) you would think that  NCAA Prsident Mark Emmert would be on top of this little Nugget, Oh Wait thats right  Emmert was the Chancellor at LSU when Saban was there and has said since then he and Saban have remained Close friends and besides just because 8 different players have been seen hanging out with a 40 year old man in Habachi Bar and grill locations ,signed stacks of memorbiliia that has been Photo proven to have been sold and help promote a business of said Booster I mean businessman ,promotion that the NCAA has stated in their own By laws is a Violation but I mean come on with all the Cam Newton stuff going on how on earth could they have time to Investigate.....Maybe President Emmert would like to have one of those Mark Ingram Heisman Suits I am sure his friend Nick could arrange it until next time WDE!! and remember we may get beat but we never Yield!!! 

1.) Has Cecil Newton ever admitted that he "ASKED" for money from Kenny Rogers I mean We know Rogers contacted Bond and Bond contacted MSU coaches who shot it down as soon as they heard about it (even though I find that hard to believe ) but no one in any article I have read has stated that Cecil Newton Solicitated money only that Rogers asked for the money from MSU through Bond ...Now was it wrong for Cecil to even consider making a deal with Rogers about Cam ,Sure it was does it make him the Slimeball he is being portrayed as being, it would if he would have went through with it

2.)How do you Identify a witness and  THEN.... hope they come forward ,Would they not have to come forward first is the NCAA "Source" that Danny Sheridan has a Physic or did he have an Empipeny or is this just Danny's Way of  drawing Attention to himself right before the season starts FOOTBALL season that is you know where alot of people seek advice on how to bet on Games and who else would you want as a "Source" than the man who has inside Connection's to NCAA by the way I know who the Bagman is and I will reveal it 24 hrs after the NCAA does so I know I get it right and if the NCAA closes the case then the Witness never came forward hmmmm Win ,Win 100 % odds 

3.)How does the NCAA not Investigate A school who not only has been rumored to break NCAA rules but has Photographic proof posted all over the worldwide web and with OSU,UM,NC,TN,Oregon,GT oh yeah and AU bein investigated "which makes them the only school in NCAA history to be investigated without ever being sent a N.O.I "(Notice of Inquiry) you would think that  NCAA Prsident Mark Emmert would be on top of this little Nugget, Oh Wait thats right  Emmert was the Chancellor at LSU when Saban was there and has said since then he and Saban have remained Close friends and besides just because 8 different players have been seen hanging out with a 40 year old man in Habachi Bar and grill locations ,signed stacks of memorbiliia that has been Photo proven to have been sold and help promote a business of said Booster I mean businessman ,promotion that the NCAA has stated in their own By laws is a Violation but I mean come on with all the Cam Newton stuff going on how on earth could they have time to Investigate.....Maybe President Emmert would like to have one of those Mark Ingram Heisman Suits I am sure his friend Nick could arrange it until next time WDE!! and remember we may get beat but we never Yield!!!   

1. Cecil Newton never admitted he "asked for money", only that he was present and a party to the conversation when money was discussed (he listened).

Also, I am not sure how much of a moral lapse it is to "consider" taking money for Cam's labor.  I mean I have "considered" cheating on my taxes and have "considered"  cheating on my wife (though I never did either).

Morally which is worse, for Cecil to listen to someone talk to him about paying him $200,000 or a player actually getting paid $200? Which is worse, for someone to talk about breaking in to fort knox or the person who actually breaks into the convenience store at night and takes $50?

Some in the media seem to imply that they think Cam should have been punished more for the large amount of money he DID NOT GET than someone who actually got a much smaller amount. The Bammers would say that CAM should be punished harshly because the amount he DID NOT GET was so much more than Julio actually got (via the fishing trip).

2. The whole thing with DS is pure BS. If you listened carefully, all he every said he had was the name of a "suspect".  If a rival fan calls the NCAA and says Rockfordpi gave Cecil $200k, then I become a "suspect". Then the same rival fan tells DS who the "suspect" is. Much ado about NOTHING.

The NCAA investigates me and finds absolutely no evidence of any money changing hands (because it never did) They conclude that the only way they could ever prove I did it is if I came forward and confessed.

3. Though I agree with your points 1 and 2,  I think your third point has some fallacies and  a lot of "fanspeak".

I don't really think that the NCAA is specifically out to get AU or to protect UA. But that just may be my naive opinion.

Torturous reading.

As best we know, everything revolved around Kenny Rogers.  He contacted Cecil, he contacted Bonds, he contacted Bell, and once that story broke the FBI (and state regulators of Mississippi) got involved because as John Bond said "They don't want people shopping children around for thousands of dollars."  After the FBI got involved, everyone lawyered up and shut up, as advised by their lawyer.

As best we know, everything revolved around Kenny Rogers.  He contacted Cecil, he contacted Bonds, he contacted Bell, and once that story broke the FBI (and state regulators of Mississippi) got involved because as John Bond said "They don't want people shopping children around for thousands of dollars."  After the FBI got involved, everyone lawyered up and shut up, as advised by their lawyer.

Has it ever been verified that the hotel meeting after an MSU game actually took place with MSU coaches, Rogers & Cecil in attendance?  Or was that just lies being spread by Rogers?

Has it ever been verified that the hotel meeting after an MSU game actually took place with MSU coaches, Rogers & Cecil in attendance?  Or was that just lies being spread by Rogers?

I believe this is why everything is so hush hush on the MSU side of things.  If Bond, Rogers tell all, the MSU football coaching staff will be implicated. 

I believe this is why everything is so hush hush on the MSU side of things.  If Bond, Rogers tell all, the MSU football coaching staff will be implicated. 

IMO, there is absolutely no way MSU can skate on the Cam recruitment.  MSU had former players acting as agents n P4P with the father of an athlete.  That alone is strike one against MSU and the NCAA will punish them for it, IMO.

If they had current members of the MSU coaching staff meet in a hotel with the former players and the parent, this is bad news for MSU.  This is strike two for MSU - if coaches are meeting in P4P schemes with former players, that's pretty bad buisness that the NCAA can't ignore.

That was something Rogers stated when he backtracked on not being involved because it was mentioned that Bell had saved voice messages of Rogers asking for money and he was trying to put himself in the position as an innocent bystander while Cecil was asking for money.  Rogers was scared of the FBI at that point and didn't sound very credible so who knows what he was telling the truth about or what he was lying about.

No one has ever said anything about such a meeting except Rogers.  The official statement from the NCAA read:  "According to facts of the case agreed upon by Auburn University and the NCAA enforcement staff, the student-athlete's father and an owner of a scouting service worked together to actively market the student-athlete as a part of a pay-for-play scenario in return for Newton's commitment to attend college and play football. NCAA rules (Bylaw 12.3.3) do not allow individuals or entities to represent a prospective student-athlete for compensation to a school for an athletic scholarship."

MSU AD also said this prior to the AU-UGA game:  "During the recruitment of a football prospective student-athlete, Mississippi State was approached with an offer to provide an extra benefit. This offer was refused.  MSU alerted the Southeastern Conference about the offer. MSU did not have any specific incriminating information about any other school, and thus could not provide any."

Whether Strickland is referring to the alleged meeting with Rev. Newton, Mr. Rogers, and the coaching staff or the phone call between Mr. Bond and AD Strickland is not clear. 

Archived