Banning Cheating Coaches - Tony Barnhart

Connecticut Tiger

New article from Tony Barnhart on banning cheating coaches and a few other topics.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/15468644/new-cause-give-cheating-coaches-the-death-penalty

If the NCAA really wants to get serious then this is what they need to do.

Ever since last year, when barnhardt said,  "There's a special place in hell for a person like Cecil Newton".....I have absolutely no use for him. He lost all cred with me with that statement.

He is on a list of mine of several sports guys that showed their true colors last year over the Cam thing....all based on rumor, innuendo, allegations, etc., .....NO PROOF.  Let's see, Schaad, Timmy B., etc., etc.

I'm not sure I agree with the premise of what Barnhardt is saying - If a coach, or coaching staff is found to violate NCAA rules, then they should be banned from coaching altogether?

Ever since last year, when barnhardt said,  "There's a special place in hell for a person like Cecil Newton".....I have absolutely no use for him. He lost all cred with me with that statement.

He is on a list of mine of several sports guys that showed their true colors last year over the Cam thing....all based on rumor, innuendo, allegations, etc., .....NO PROOF.  Let's see, Schaad, Timmy B., etc., etc.

What issue do you have with his statement?

captaincrunch, That quote I thought was attributed to someone else.  Sorry, can't remember the name.  Did you hear TB say this or is this a quote from someone else ?  tia

WDE !!!

http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2010/11/05/will-mere-allegations-cost-newton-the-heisman-trophy/

" I  will say this: If  it can be proven that Cecil Newton was shopping his kid around to the highest bidder, there is special place in Hell reserved for him. I don’t care if he runs a church or not or if he calls himself a preacher. You just cost your kid everything that matters in life–reputation and integrity–for a few pieces of silver. I just pray this is not true because if  a man of God will pimp his kid, then we are all pretty much lost."

The man said QUOTE, " IF it is found that Cecil Newton , yada,yada". That is a far cry from just outright saying there is a special place in hell for Cecil Newton. At the time that transpired before we knew what effort had been put into finding the info surrounding the situation, you could have found plenty of people from Auburn who would have helped prepare that special place in hell, including me. Hindsight is awfully convenient.

His comment needs to be put into context and it makes perfect sense.

The man said QUOTE, " IF it is found that Cecil Newton , yada,yada". That is a far cry from just outright saying there is a special place in hell for Cecil Newton. At the time that transpired before we knew what effort had been put into finding the info surrounding the situation, you could have found plenty of people from Auburn who would have helped prepare that special place in hell, including me. Hindsight is awfully convenient.

His comment needs to be put into context and it makes perfect sense.

Disagree....he had no business suggesting such judgement on anybody...especially in a newspaper. It was a HUGE mistake on his part. I beleieve he later apologized for it.

A blog opinion is also a far cry from passing judgement. To me he's just another talking head and irrelevant, perfectly meaningless.

There are many more so-called media members who did us much more disfavor than anything this man has ever said.

The man said "if". IF does not in any language indicate a judgement. Is there a link for his apology?

A blog opinion is also a far cry from passing judgement. To me he's just another talking head and irrelevant, perfectly meaningless.

There are many more so-called media members who did us much more disfavor than anything this man has ever said.

The man said "if". IF does not in any language indicate a judgement. Is there a link for his apology?

Are you serious....suggesting that someone should burn in hell?  I don't believe what barnhardt suggested Cecil did  is one of the "Big TEN"....but who am I to judge.

I've been fortunate enough to learn 2 things in life.

1. To know that there is a difference between a literal statement and a figurative one.

2. To stop expecting rationality and logic.

I've been fortunate enough to learn 2 things in life.

1. To know that there is a difference between a literal statement and a figurative one.

2. To stop expecting rationality and logic.

Glad to hear it.  War Eagle!

I'm not sure I agree with the premise of what Barnhardt is saying - If a coach, or coaching staff is found to violate NCAA rules, then they should be banned from coaching altogether?

If you break the rules as a stock broker and you do it big enough you can be banned from working in that profession by the Securities Exchange Commission.  Why not ban a coach that intentionally breaks major rules?

If you break the rules as a stock broker and you do it big enough you can be banned from working in that profession by the Securities Exchange Commission.  Why not ban a coach that intentionally breaks major rules?

The NCAA does that now. They don't flat out say "coach is banned from the NCAA", but they will slap a "show cause" on a coach that has been busted for cheating. Any school wanting to hire that coach has to go through the NCAA and get their go ahead to hire that coach. I believe they slapped a "show cause" on Pearl from Tenn..

I heard Tony speak this past weekend at a fundraiser in Newnan, GA. When asked about DS, he made sure to say twice that "Danny has been right before". I lost a lot of respect for him after those comments.

Archived