Panthers game tonight

BustemBigBlue

Cam rightfully called his passing performance last night "embarrassing".  I didn't get to see the game but I think starting off the game with some screen passes and 5 yd outs would be a good thing.  He seems to be pressing a little right now.  Hopefully he'll right the ship there before the bus backs up over him.

Unfortunately I watched the entire game last night.  Panthers have no OL and no defense.  Cam seemed to get rattled and made some really bad passes.  At least the coaches let him run a couple times or the team would have had zero offense.  Clausen played 4th qtr and his passing looked as bad ...and of course he has no "escapeablilty" and was sacked or chased down several times.  At least Cam is able to keep a play alive long enough to get a pass off and thus far has not had a turnover this season.

Remember the Carolina record from last year? They wish they didn't. Cam is going to be fine, he doesn't have a lot of support. In the recent turmoil of the off season after the lockout ended, they were able to keep what they thought were the better younger players and a few vets. New coach, new QB, and not a lot of offensive support for the QB.

In the long run we know he'll be successful, in the near term, it could be a rough ride.

Look at the improvement he made from the first game to even as early as the third game last year. It's going to be tough, but he can do it.

Headline of Montgomergy Advertiser Sports this morning..

"Newton Takes Step Back, Dalton Takes Step Forward"  :-\

Not really sure i saw where his "step back" was, not his fault he doesn't have a line. Kind of funny this "step back" pretty much guaranteed him the starting job.

I believe Cam's preseason QB rating is higher than Dalton's?

A lot of Cam's passes are sailing high on him.  This is usually caused by too much adrenalin.  To steal a phrase from Coach Chizik........."I'm sure the game will slow down for him."

Archived