Dan Mullem Show....

WarEagle10

I am watching the Dan Mullen Show on CSS. When the host is talking, Dan Mullen is just sitting there with a look on his face like he is sitting on a corn cob. That one had to sting!! It couldn't happen to a nicer guy IMO.

Why would they want him??? He's no better than Richt.

Cause he took a s***ty MSU team from back of the pack to a decent level last year...if he had decent talent (like he would have at georgia....) the only games georgia would lose would be to west teams

I think he will be a very good HC. I think he has already proved that. If you followed UF then you would know who the "genius" was behind their O's, it wasn't Urban IMO.

He may be a good coach, but I would not want him at Auburn.  He appears to have no moral character, and further his lack of character reminds me of $aban.  I just don't like him.  Georgia will not be doing themselves any favors if they end up with him.  Just my opinion, though.

Cause he took a $**tty MSU team from back of the pack to a decent level last year...if he had decent talent (like he would have at georgia....) the only games georgia would lose would be to west teams

I disagree. I don't believe MSU has really gone anywhere. Since Mullen arrived, MSU is 0-9 against anyone in the SEC West not named Ole Miss.

Cause he took a $**tty MSU team from back of the pack to a decent level last year...if he had decent talent (like he would have at georgia....) the only games georgia would lose would be to west teams

They beat teams they should beat now and that is about it.  No losses to la tech or maine.  He beat a uga team without aj green and the worst uf team in years.  Other than that he has not improved them at all in the level of athlete they can recruit or much of anything else.

They beat teams they should beat now and that is about it.  No losses to la tech or maine.  He beat a uga team without aj green and the worst uf team in years.  Other than that he has not improved them at all in the level of athlete they can recruit or much of anything else.

They crushed Michigan in the bowl game. Wait.....what SEC team wouldn't have done that? :)

Guys they've nearly beat us twice now...he is without a doubt a good coach. There has to be a divide between mind and emotion at some point. He was the brains to put Meyers recruiting machine to work at UF...I just don't see why this is even an issue. Yeah, it is State, but State sucked guys, really really really bad. I'm not saying they are awesome, but they are miles apart from three years ago! BTW how long do we think Richt keeping his job? I say week6 with one more loss!

Guys they've nearly beat us twice now...he is without a doubt a good coach. There has to be a divide between mind and emotion at some point. He was the brains to put Meyers recruiting machine to work at UF...I just don't see why this is even an issue. Yeah, it is State, but State sucked guys, really really really bad. I'm not saying they are awesome, but they are miles apart from three years ago!  :wareagle:

I don't see any way they fire him during the season. I was watching Talkon' Football on CSS the other night, they said Richt had a lot more heat on him after the BSU loss than after the UGA loss. They said it seemed that people around Athens thought their guys played really hard against USCe and were not as bummed after the BSU loss. They feel the season can be salvaged, bottom line. I hope Richt keeps his job. I am scared of who they might come after. We all need to be pulling for UGA, except against Auburn, IMO.

The DC @ uaT, Kirby Smart, is a UGA alum .

He was offered same job @ UGA and year or two back  and turned it down.

When  he did, a UGA alum friend of mine made comment he might have been

warned off; it would beeasier to become the HC @ UGA from outside than inside.

Back to Mullins, wish him all the success that 2 wins over Ole'! and Offer the rest of the West can bring him.

I used to be OK with MSU sort of, kind of,  in a way, but not with him there.

Hope he stays.

Apples don't fall far from the tree. He coached under UM and he was someone with his on character issues as we have found. As a coach he may be fine, as a head coach it remains to be seen. I think he has to much baggage for Georgia to take a chance on. When looking at Georgia they can not afford to bring in a coach with character issues, considering the mess they've had on their hands the last few years.

You know my greatest beef with a coach I confess really know so little of?  THIS:  It seems he and his program and personnel have gotten a FREE PASS from the very folks that tried to bury Auburn on the same issue.  That's not jealousy...it's just shock and awe at misplaced finger-pointing...

That said, that HEADSET THING!   As comedian Brad Stine says, "Put a HELMET ON!"  :aufb:

(Was it our fault, though, from a tech standpoint?  If so, so sorry...small payback...)

Guys they've nearly beat us twice now...he is without a doubt a good coach. There has to be a divide between mind and emotion at some point. He was the brains to put Meyers recruiting machine to work at UF...I just don't see why this is even an issue. Yeah, it is State, but State sucked guys, really really really bad. I'm not saying they are awesome, but they are miles apart from three years ago! BTW how long do we think Richt keeping his job? I say week6 with one more loss!

OK.  Here is my divide between mind and emotion:

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team has finished the last two seasons at 5th in the west, just above the hapless Ole Miss Rebels.  They will finish no higher than 5th in the west this year.  That's THREE years in a row at 5th in the West!

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team is now 2-9 against the SEC west.  Two wins against the hapless Ole Miss Rebels...only!

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team, after this Thursday night will be out of the Top 25...again.

So how does this make you a great head coach?  I'm not sure what measuring stick  you are using.  Mine is backed with facts...no fiction here!

OK.  Here is my divide between mind and emotion:

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team has finished the last two seasons at 5th in the west, just above the hapless Ole Miss Rebels.  They will finish no higher than 5th in the west this year.  That's THREE years in a row at 5th in the West!

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team is now 2-9 against the SEC west.  Two wins against the hapless Ole Miss Rebels...only!

-Dan Mullen's MSU Team, after this Thursday night will be out of the Top 25...again.

So how does this make you a great head coach?  I'm not sure what measuring stick  you are using.  Mine is backed with facts...no fiction here!

The measuring stick you are using is an incredible one as is mine. ITS THE SEC WEST!!! We could play a few pro teams every year down here! For a team like state(really really crappy 3 years ago), 2-9 against the SECw is like 40 and 0 against everyone else in the country. Last year they beat UF, GA, and Kentucky, as well as, close games with arkansas and us. I without a doubt can see great improvement, and I can't imagine that great improvement is because Starkville got a new KFC. I can't see any other way but to give the cred to Mullen. I don't think they are good in comparison to the rest of the SECw, but they have gotten better. I mean they weren't beating the SECe three years ago, and rarely had the upset against any of the SECw teams. A win is a win on paper, but in a discussion like this, a close loss has to count for something. Also, as far as X's and O's...gotta think Mullen is pretty good. He is no Malzahn, but I think he is on his way. He will be a good head coach once he gets out of the blackhole that is Starkville.

You know my greatest beef with a coach I confess really know so little of?  THIS:  It seems he and his program and personnel have gotten a FREE PASS from the very folks that tried to bury Auburn on the same issue.  That's not jealousy...it's just shock and awe at misplaced finger-pointing...

That said, that HEADSET THING!   As comedian Brad Stine says, "Put a HELMET ON!"  :aufb:

(Was it our fault, though, from a tech standpoint?  If so, so sorry...small payback...)

The bottom line is we got the flak for the Cam situation in the media because we were winning and Cam was a big part of our success.  Pointing fingers at Mississippi State doesn't get ratings that pointing fingers at a team vying for the national championship (and then winning the national championship).

When you're on top, many folks will want to take shots at you. 

The bottom line is we got the flak for the Cam situation in the media because we were winning and Cam was a big part of our success.  Pointing fingers at Mississippi State doesn't get ratings that pointing fingers at a team vying for the national championship (and then winning the national championship).

When you're on top, many folks will want to take shots at you. 

You have some true points here.  Still, the issues go beyond "being on top" for me regarding Mississippi State and especially Dan Mullen.  When the mess surfaced, Auburn was not on top.  In fact, the rankings consistently did everything they could to keep us lower than (I felt) we deserved to be at the time, week after week.  Lightning-speed Oregon, who couldn't boast a schedule similar to a typical SEC one kept remaining higher, as did Boise State and those Horned Frogs, from time to time.  We didn't get the reputation for being "perpetual underdogs" for nothing.  It's not fair to treat someone "who's (NOT) on top numerically" as if they were, then keep taking shots when they begrudgingly become so!  I do believe Auburn has a target, but it's for much more than being an undefeated underdog.  People don't understand Auburn...what makes it tick, why we continue to be the David in a Goliath situation time and time again.  And that's probably why they take pot-shots as well; we FEAR and we HATE what we don't COMPREHEND.  I am so proud of who and Whose they are...and that alone will continue to make them a target.  So let's keep our part, those prayers and that encouragement, coming!  We want the fruit, we gotta to do the work. 

Archived