Finebaum SI.com Article, Sep 22

Barkchevious

So has anybody read this article F-baum wrote for SI.com that was posted yesterday on their site? Here's my take on what F-baum is really saying. These are a few highlights of his article, with what he really meant below each.

Even after winning national title, cloud still hangs over Auburn, Paul Finebaum

Hello, my name is Paul Finebaum, and I'm a Bammer Homer.

Remember when the Auburn Tigers were the Chicago Cubs of college football? Lovable when they lost and tortured when they won.

Remember the seventies, when I had hair and Bama was awesome?

Then a strange thing happened. The school's luck started to change with juco transfers Cam Newton and Nick Fairley. Some 14 games later, Auburn won the national title and Newton was the runaway winner of the Heisman Trophy. All was right.

I hated every minute of 2010. Auburn won the title, and I was furious.

Famous sports artist Daniel Moore has been commissioned to do a national championship picture for Auburn. He's doing it on pencil in case it has to be erased.

They also considered sculpting the Saban statue out of play-dough in case it has to be removed when he leaves us for a better situation.

Even the animal kingdom seems jinxed by Auburn's reversal of fortune. Of the many wonderful aspects of going to a game at Jordan-Hare Stadium, perhaps the most amazing is the pregame flight of Spirit, the school's bald eagle. However, that's only when Spirit's flight makes a nonstop landing at midfield. Before the Mississippi State game, Spirit got his GPS out of whack and made a detour into the window of a luxury box before landing. He must have thought an NCAA investigator was hiding behind the glass.

In all honesty, I think the eagle flight is pretty sweet. It really beats the heck out of a giant animated elephant on the jumbotron at Denny's field. But hey, we are Bammer, we've got so much Cherdition!

Of course, things could be worse. The NCAA could still come down on Auburn, strip the BCS title and Newton's Heisman. Perhaps that wouldn't be the worst thing. At least then Auburn would return to the comfort zone of being college football's lovable little brother, a role it seemingly handles better than being on college football's mountaintop

Of course, I'm not going to mention the fact that Auburn has been the better team over the last 30 years, after all, I'm a Bammer. Now excuse me, I need to get back to making Nick's lunch for him.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/paul_finebaum/09/22/auburn/index.html#ixzz1YnHVXRma

What kills me about this effing idiot is that he claims he is an Auburn fan. Slimebaum you were never and will never be an Auburn fan. If ever you do have a change of heart I for one will never welcome you with open arms. He is the worst Benedict Arnold of them all. How does a University of Tenn. grad become so infatuated with an arch enemy. Stop being butt hurt because Jay Jacobs and the rest of the Auburn family don't want your piece of crap self around Auburn. Go back to the crapstone where you belong with the rest of your turd buddies. On an ending note Paul you suck your show is a joke.. next caller please!

Auburn fans should just ignore him. He's just trying to make some more money at Auburn's expense. Don't indulge him any longer.

Don't give him any more hits on that link either....

Please everyone. This is a call to arms. Finebaum is engaging in MILDEC. Do not give him the satisfaction by reading or listening to his stuff. He should be treated with complete indifference and irrelevance.

Finebaum is a one trick pony.  In a week where he could have written about, say, the apparent quick turn at Vandy by Coach Franklin, the complete disaster at Ole Miss, or even how Arkansas could take the next step on the national stage by beating Bama Saturday, he chooses to, wait for it.....write another disingenuous article about Auburn.  Full of cheap shots and clearly playing to his crimson fan base, I'm surprised he didn't bring up Danny Sheridan.  I guess the fact that Sheridan and Finebaum were completely laughed off for their most recent gaff prevented that.  I'm dumber for having read that (thanks OP for the link), but it's clear Finebaum is just playing the same old game he always plays.  What really has to chap his butt is the FACT that there simply is no evidence of wrongdoing by Auburn in the recruitment of Newton.  It has apparently eaten a hole the size of Manhattan in Finebaum's head. 

Real AU fans never click on a Fbaum site...why put money in that sleeze's pocket?    Knowing that, if you are still tempted to look at his stuff, you should sign up for a twelve step program to help break that habit.

Step One:  if you are tempted to look at a Fbaum post,  immediately call or tweet  "kingofhill1" and he will help you through that moment of weakness. 

:we:

From a journalistic standpoint, the real disappointment is that he doesn't even try on his columns.  He just writes them off the top of his head, good or bad.

The other CNNSI folks (Andy Staples in particular) take this responsibility seriously and actually give their readers information.

I thought that was why Finebaum had stopped writing for the Press-Register -- because it became obvious that it was an afterthought.  I was surprised when CNNSI picked him up, thinking he might do more than phone it in.  But his first two columns are more of the same.  I don't know how long CNNSI will allow that.

What's ironic is that this is the guy who always criticizes other writers for not advancing a story.  All he did here was compile a list of unsubstantiated rumors and old, sad, tired cliches' relating to AU.  He's a hack and has sold his shriveled soul at the altar of $aban just to make a few bucks off a bunch of 'necks.  Why anyone on the national scene would think this guy is relevant is beyond me.

I won't read his garbage.

But, he certainly got what he wanted out of it...  It's been linked on one of the greatest AU message boards on the net.  I'm sure that was his intent to begin with :banghead:

The thing is that some Auburn fans getting mad at his writing and then posting all about it on message forums so other Auburn fans will read it and react to it is EXACTLY what PF wants. I know some people think they are taking it to PF by bad talking him on forums, but if he were to get on AE and read this post he would likely be smiling the entire time.

Now let me say everyone is entitled to post and scream and rant about his articles if they want, but don't make the mistake of thinking that you're harming or discrediting PF by doing it. They want eyes and reactions... PF and his employers don't care if the readers disagree or hate PF, all they care about is that you read, listen, watch, or pay attention any time PF has something to say. Just like in marketing when a company raises prices or changes a policy..people may hate it and badmouth them, and write dirty messages to the company, but as long as those same people still purchase the product anyway then the company was successful.

I hope all of those that have been saying "all fineboob cares about is the money. He doesn't care about Auburn or bama" will realize they have never been more wrong. I am really starting to wonder if the REC isn't paying him to keep doing everything he can to shine a bad light on Auburn. This really is getting to be a trend with him. I mean he is going out of his way to bad mouth us at every single opportunity.

Archived