A shoutout to the defense

WarDamn2010

Yesterday, at any time before 2:30 pm, there was probably not a soul who gave our defense any chance at even slowing down Lattimore and company. For those who have yet to see, Auburn's defense held South Carolina to 289 yards of total offense and Lattimore only had 66 yards and one td. Excellent job to everyone on that side of the ball and the coaches for really turning things around in one week.  :wedance:

I hear ya. There was a lot of haters from a certain teams fans saying that ML was overrated if our D-shut him down. So my reply was so is your running backs because we shut them down last year and the year before.

For any defense to shut down Lattimore & entire offense for 289 yards, they would have to be a top notch unit. It is a bit early to say, but I think our defense has turned the corner and is well underway to start making life miserable for many SEC offenses. Once the offense gets back its snarl, those teams that were marking a "W" in their W/L for us, are now getting nervous.  I do feel a lot better about our chances now.

WDE!!

Doc

:believe: :believe: :believe: :believe:

Also, does anybody know how many yards south carolina was averaging per game before the AU game yesterday?

Lattimore was averaging 150 yards per game coming into our game.  CSS said they wanted to run him more but there were no holes for him to run through except for the one scoring play he had.

Well, our defense was letting lesser runners shred them pretty good for a few games this season.  I certainly didn't like the way we were stacking up.  The defense did a complete 180 though.  I was pretty impressed with their turnaround.  And thank goodness for that.  It was good to see them play well for once.  Just hoping the trend continues.  We have a lot of tough teams still to play.  And Arkansas is no different.  They put up tons of points on A&M yesterday.

Archived