Contrasting Game Crews

kfowler8

After listening to the horrid Jefferson Pilot crew from this weekend's AU game, I watched Monday Night Football. Gruden is really good as a color analyst. It was obvious he was really prepared for last night's game. One play he said watch the Bucs are going to running to right side. Sure enough that's exactly what they did. He then talks about how Freeman is going to use a hard count on this play because he did the same thing the last week. Freeman steps under center and does exactly that.

Wish all these yahoos would make that effort when preparing for a game.

Easily agree about Gruden. He is a football mind that adapted to broadcasting instantly. Not always so easily done. There are also so many different NCAA and NFL game broadcast now, the talent pool of play-by-play and color guys has in no way caught up with the demand for them.

I saw Gruden in the PHX airport after NC game. I said War Eagle to him and he asked if we were Tigers or War Eagles, then we fought with our fists for approx 10 mins. Once we made up he said congratulations and we have been pretty much best friends ever since.

(Most of this story is true, other parts are made up for dramatic effect)

I saw Gruden in the PHX airport after NC game.  I said War Eagle to him and he asked if we were Tigers or War Eagles, then we fought with our fists for approx 10 mins.  Once we made up he said congratulations and we have been pretty much best friends ever since. 

:laugh:  9 out 10 of Dansby's post make me laugh

I hope he's not Ga's next coach.   :-X

Hopefully, he'll head to the Miami Dolphins after this season.

Agree 100%

and I hope he has Luck as his QB too.

I saw Gruden in the PHX airport after NC game.  I said War Eagle to him and he asked if we were Tigers or War Eagles, then we fought with our fists for approx 10 mins.  Once we made up he said congratulations and we have been pretty much best friends ever since. 

^^^ The Class Clown ^^^  :)

Gruden's personality is what gets his mass appeal.  He has a great football mind as well.  I enjoyed Gruden at Oakland and at Tampa.  He is good for football.   He is a breath of fresh air in a very stagnant profession.

Who won?

Archived