css- "talkin football"

alexava

did anyone see last night? im not one to moan about media not giving respect, but tony barnhard sort of pissed me off. the older guy read an email from an auburn fan asking why no media coverage or why not discuss the ncaa's letter to auburn or something to that effect. two of the guys commented about it being great news (positively). then blowhard said that the ncaa and media have moved on and auburn fans should too. seemed like he was just too pissed to talk about it.

I agree with him.  It's done and time to move on.  I'd prefer to never hear about it again.  All it does is keep reminding those that think something happened about the whole situation.

And if anyone doesn't think there wasn't media coverage, it was all over ESPN for at least a day, and both am sports stations here in Atlanta were talking about it that afternoon/evening and into the next day.  If you didn't know it happened, you just weren't paying attention.

I am not a Barnhart fan but he was one of the media that was actually reasonable and fair towards Auburn when most of the media was lynching us.  As distasteful as it may seem, we are not going to get accountability from those that wronged us and we are not going to get apologies from most of them.  Probably the best we can do is move on and not make the situation any worse.

I am not a Barnhart fan but he was one of the media that was actually reasonable and fair towards Auburn when most of the media was lynching us.  As distasteful as it may seem, we are not going to get accountability from those that wronged us and we are not going to get apologies from most of them.  Probably the best we can do is move on and not make the situation any worse.

You have to think that most of these guys already had written articles just setting in their desk drawer waiting for the other shoe to drop regarding the Cam story...lets face it, Auburn being cleared just isn't as big a story. I've seen one article some where that actually gave Chizik credit for speaking out to the NCAA at the SEC meeting which probably helped Auburn get some closure sooner rather than later. I would like to see an article that praised Chizik for standing up to the NCAA, most said it was stupid move by coach. We are extremely lucking to have GC as our head coach.   

did anyone see last night? im not one to moan about media not giving respect, but tony barnhard sort of pissed me off. the older guy read an email from an auburn fan asking why no media coverage or why not discuss the ncaa's letter to auburn or something to that effect. two of the guys commented about it being great news (positively). then blowhard said that the ncaa and media have moved on and auburn fans should too. seemed like he was just too pissed to talk about it.

It's OVER.  :party:

Frankly, I hope I never see another word printed about the whole fiasco.

I agree.  He was a level-headed exception in the midst of the storm:

http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2010/12/02/why-the-ncaa-got-it-right-in-the-cameron-newton-case

I agree.  He was a level-headed exception in the midst of the storm:

http://blogs.ajc.com/barnhart-college-football/2010/12/02/why-the-ncaa-got-it-right-in-the-cameron-newton-case

I agree as well. Barnhart is OK. I think he went to Ga Southern not UGA.

Yeah, that razor's edge where the difference between what was "solicited" and what was "agreed to" made all the difference is why I hope Cecil has a long, happy, prosperous life far, far away from anybody with a microphone.

They should change the name of that show to "Talking Stupid". Most of the analysis and other comments are just ridiculous and show a total lack of knowledge on the subject at hand. It's almost like they read BSPN headlines and do know research what-so-ever.

1st post BTW :hellyeah:

Perfect season, SEC West Champions, SEC champions, Heisman Winner, BCS Champions,  all NCAA certified.

Never been been done before,  Period.

Perfect season, SEC West Champions, SEC champions, Heisman Winner, BCS Champions,  all NCAA certified.

Umm bama did the same in 09

Umm bama did the same in 09

Bama's feat was done while on probation. :beatmullet:

Archived