AJ Greene

TIGERINATLANTA

This just seems a little weird to me. Why did he decline an invitation to Indy and offers to work out with teams because he no longer wanted to pursue football after college, yet he signs as an Undrafted Free Agent with the Bears? No telling how much money he lost out on by not going to the combine. He could have earned himself a couple extra hundred thousand had he performed well at the combine and came off the board, say in the 5th or 6th round. Who knows, but reports did indicate that he did not want to pursue football professionally.

The local papers evidently don't know much about him.  They were first reporting him being from Albany, then an article in the Tribune about him being from Auburn and his decision to originally pass on football, and then the NFL site that lists each team's UDFA's has him from Albany again!

The local papers evidently don't know much about him.  They were first reporting him being from Albany, then an article in the Tribune about him being from Auburn and his decision to originally pass on football, and then the NFL site that lists each team's UDFA's has him from Albany again!

The NFL site just updated AJ's school to Aurburn!  Maybe they will get it right one of these days!

Didn't he work out for the scouts at the Auburn Pro Day.  Are we sure he was invited to the combine?  I thought Mosley and Harris were the only two invited to the combine.   

Didn't he work out for the scouts at the Auburn Pro Day.  Are we sure he was invited to the combine?  I thought Mosley and Harris were the only two invited to the combine.   

According to this article in the Chicago Tribune, he was invited to the combine and he was at the Auburn Pro Day, but only as an observer.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-freeagent-ot-greene-hopes-to-make-music-with-bears-20120430,0,410509.story

Strange. He doesnt even mention it on his twitter account. I wouldnt be surprised if the beat hacks, just filled in the blanks on him attempting a comeback as there is no actual quotes from him that are current.  I wonder if there is another AJ Greene out there that plays LT.

Maybe he just changed his mind about playing football beyond college?

Are you suggesting that someone has the right to change their mind?  :laugh:

The NFL site just updated AJ's school to Aurburn!  Maybe they will get it right one of these days!

Get it right?  Like you did?  Aurburn? :dunno:

Get it right?   Like you did?   Aurburn? :dunno:

Uh...I think he was quoting the way they listed it, considering he correctly implied that they still had it wrong...

Get it right?   Like you did?   Aurburn? :dunno:

Uh...I think he was quoting the way they listed it, considering he correctly implied that they still had it wrong...

Thanks for the help red...Let's try this, this is copied directly from the NFL website.  Look at how they spell Auburn!

Chicago Bears

Wyoming RB Alvester Alexander; Troy T James Brown; Old Dominion DT Ronnie Cameron; Louisiana Tech LB Adrien Cole; Maine S Trevor Coston; Western Illinois WR Terriun Crump; West Texas A&M WR Britton Golden; Aurburn T A.J. Greene; Wayne State S Jeremy Jones; Liberty WR Chris Summers; Southern Miss LB Ronnie Thornton

I read on War Eagle Extra that AJ had decided he wanted to retire from football to pursue a music career. I guess he changed his mind. Best of luck to AJ!!!

http://www.wareagleextra.com/2012/04/30/a-j-greene-reportedly-signs-with-the-chicago-bears/

Archived