Auburn vs. Ole Miss

StatTiger

Excluding possessions to expire the half...

Auburn Offense: Score Pct 48.8% / TD Pct 40.7%

Ole Miss Offense: Score Pct 31.5% / TD Pct 16.3%

Auburn Defense: Score Pct 14.0% / TD Pct 9.7%

Ole Miss Defense: Score Pct 31.8% / TD Pct 25.0%

National Rankings:

AU Offense #22 vs Ole Miss Defense #76

Ole Miss Offense #76 vs Auburn Defense #4

AU Scoring Off #15 vs Ole Miss Scoring Def #62

Ole Miss Scoring Off #81 vs AU Scoring Def #2

Auburn 35 Ole Miss 17

Stat, if I remember correctly, after most of your posts, you always post your projection for the score of the upcoming game. And I also remember that you predicted 34-10 for the UK game. Had it not been for the fumble recovery and score, the final score would have been 35-10, which coincidently is really close to your pick. Did that prediction come from computer numbers or was it a SWAG.

Stat, if I remember correctly, after most of your posts, you always post your projection for the score of the upcoming game.  And I also remember that you predicted 34-10 for the UK game.  Had it not been for the fumble recovery and score, the final score would have been 35-10, which coincidently is really close to your pick. Did that prediction come from computer numbers or was it a SWAG.

114475[/snapback]

I have a very simple formula that I use based on six different scoring averages.

"I have a very simple formula..."

First, I simply take the square root of the combined 3rd quarter totals for both team's offenses(excluding the 2nd drive, of course) and multiply that by .073 then divide that number by the coefficient of 1/2 of the punting average for the visiting team's 2nd string punter. After that, it's simply a matter of plugging in the total first downs made by teams in the SEC that have fullbacks wearing the number 33 and dividing the resulting number by the year I was born.

Simple!!!

I'm just messin' with ya' cause I'm not smart enough to do it myself. Keep up the great work.

First, I simply take the square root of the combined 3rd quarter totals for both team's offenses(excluding the 2nd drive, of course) and multiply that by .073 then divide that number by the coefficient of 1/2 of the punting average for the visiting team's 2nd string punter.  After that, it's simply a matter of plugging in the total first downs made by teams in the SEC that have fullbacks wearing the number 33 and dividing the resulting number by the year I was born.

Simple!!!

I'm just messin' with ya' cause I'm not smart enough to do it myself.  Keep up the great work.

114479[/snapback]

That's if it's a day game. I have a totally different formula for night games... :big:

Stat, if I remember correctly, after most of your posts, you always post your projection for the score of the upcoming game.  And I also remember that you predicted 34-10 for the UK game.  Had it not been for the fumble recovery and score, the final score would have been 35-10, which coincidently is really close to your pick. Did that prediction come from computer numbers or was it a SWAG.

114475[/snapback]

I have a very simple formula that I use based on six different scoring averages.

114478[/snapback]

AUesquire, You made my night :lol:

First, I simply take the square root of the combined 3rd quarter totals for both team's offenses(excluding the 2nd drive, of course) and multiply that by .073 then divide that number by the coefficient of 1/2 of the punting average for the visiting team's 2nd string punter.  After that, it's simply a matter of plugging in the total first downs made by teams in the SEC that have fullbacks wearing the number 33 and dividing the resulting number by the year I was born.

Simple!!!

I'm just messin' with ya' cause I'm not smart enough to do it myself.  Keep up the great work.

114479[/snapback]

That's if it's a day game. I have a totally different formula for night games... :big:

114482[/snapback]

LOL!!! :lol::lol::P:au:

Simple!!!

114479[/snapback]

114482[/snapback]

You two made my night! I just about fell over reading that! :roflol:

Once again. StatTiger is the man

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I am looking foward to your number-crunching against Jawja.

Auburn football has always been exciting, but this is getting so out of hand. I have started dreaming about football.

Great post stat. Here are some tidbits about our series with the stepsisters to the far northwest:

All-Time: Auburn 20 um 8

All-Time since 1966: Auburn 18 um 3

All-Time at Vaught-Hemmingway 'stadium': Auburn 6 um 1

Average score at VH 'stadium': Auburn 30 um 18

Archived