AL.com article exemplifies their mindset

AUBourne

WE need to stop complaining about consipracy even in the face of facts and stuff. :laugh:

AU had 42 swimmers in the trials, poor little bammer had 11. They must always have something to brag about and far be it from the local media to not help them.

Have they won the mythical swimming recruiting national championship yet? :beatmullet:

Have they won the mythical swimming recruiting national championship yet?

Do they have to win it to claim it?  :dunno:

WE need to stop complaining about consipracy even in the face of facts and stuff. :laugh:

AU had 42 swimmers in the trials, poor little bammer had 11. They must always have something to brag about and far be it from the local media to not help them.

Have they won the mythical swimming recruiting national championship yet? :beatmullet:

Uh oh, you said conspiracy and bammer... was that the bat phone I just heard?  :rolleyes:

To be FAIR, this was written by a HSV writer for the HSV Times about a swimmer from Randolph (which is a very prestigious local private school). 

I think this is less about Bama and more about keeping the locals up to date about the "local boy". 

Gotta agree with the premise of the topic.  I mean, have Charles and Evan taken the summer off? 

About the only time I see anything about AU on the al.com site is when they wrote about Mike Dyer....and when the local guy from Mobile was approved by the NCAA to play this season.  Meanwhile there is what seems to be an un-ending series of articles on every competitive sport at UAT, not to mention several per week about AJM or the peformance of their recruits at the summer camps. 

Looks to me that al.com has conceeded the AU fan base and become the state-wide version of the Crimson and White.

Easy fix. Stop giving al.com your "hits". Let the gumps have that place. I used to live there. I also once was lost, but now am found.

Might be about the "local" boy, but news reporting has far outpaced the local aspect of it or we wouldn't even know he existed for the most part. Local reports are best given in special sections like the Bham News, Hoover/Vestavia section where it is chock full of OTM/south of town sporting news every week. Same thing for Gardendale/North and Trussville/East. Most people with a perceptive reading eye are not going to be inclined to give al.crap the benefit of the doubt. They so often do it for AU, don't you know. :laugh:

The advent of more online content in news, needs to make the writer more aware of regional bias as well as the reader.

Easy fix. Stop giving al.com your "hits". Let the gumps have that place. I used to live there. I also once was lost, but now am found.

^^This^^

I thank Golf every day for pointing me here.

I'm a devoted AE patron but there should be somewhere that I can get general news about the AU sports program.  Used to be able to stay pretty up to date with Evan (much as I don't like him) and Charles...but they seem to have disappeared....and the few AU items come from Bama hacks.

I long ago quit looking at the al.com forums, etc. but there needs to be some reasonable news site.  I live out of state so depend on the internet.  I check the Columbus paper but only one guy covering AU and that's limited.   

Any thoughts on other sites that cover AU?    We

I'm a devoted AE patron but there should be somewhere that I can get general news about the AU sports program.   Used to be able to stay pretty up to date with Evan (much as I don't like him) and Charles...but they seem to have disappeared....and the few AU items come from Bama hacks.

I long ago quit looking at the al.com forums, etc. but there needs to be some reasonable news site.   I live out of state so depend on the internet.  I check the Columbus paper but only one guy covering AU and that's limited.     

Any thoughts on other sites that cover AU?    We

Go to www.tigerland.com. They have a collection of Auburn articles from different publications. It's all Auburn too!  :thumbsup:

Thanks....I used to go there but seems it mostly sent me to the al.com sites.....but will give it another chance.

Gotta agree with the premise of the topic.   I mean, have Charles and Evan taken the summer off?   

About the only time I see anything about AU on the al.com site is when they wrote about Mike Dyer....and when the local guy from Mobile was approved by the NCAA to play this season.  Meanwhile there is what seems to be an un-ending series of articles on every competitive sport at UAT, not to mention several per week about AJM or the peformance of their recruits at the summer camps.   

Looks to me that al.com has conceeded the AU fan base and become the state-wide version of the Crimson and White.

Honestly, with the amount of negative reactions towards Evan from AU fans and pressure from NTY Foundation to have him replaced, he's probably more than a little apprehensive about writing a word about anything to do with Auburn.  :-[

Gotta agree with the premise of the topic.   I mean, have Charles and Evan taken the summer off?   

Honestly, with the amount of negative reactions towards Evan from AU fans and pressure from NTY Foundation to have him replaced, he's probably more than a little apprehensive about writing a word about anything to do with Auburn.  :-[

Yea and I've got the deed to the Golden Gate Bridge right next to me. You know anyone interested in buying it?

Yea and I've got the deed to the Golden Gate Bridge right next to me. You know anyone interested in buying it?

Are you are still trying to sell same? If so, I have found that one can sell anything here if they simply bundle it with a good REC Conspiracy tale. Try that, just add a good REC tale to your bridge and I promise you there will be a certain group of people here lining up to buy it.  :tease:

(kind of like Andy G. did (may he RIP) with the cannon.  :-)

Are you are still trying to sell same? If so, I have found that one can sell anything here if they simply bundle it with a good REC Conspiracy tale. Try that, just add a good REC tale to your bridge and I promise you there will be a certain group of people here lining up to buy it.   :tease:

If you would have took the time to read all of those links I posted a while back in the CFB section about UAT past trangressions, you would understand that their is no such things as bammer conspiracies, Rock. Just a bunch of facts that have yet to be proven. infrandom.gif

Are you are still trying to sell same? If so, I have found that one can sell anything here if they simply bundle it with a good REC Conspiracy tale. Try that, just add a good REC tale to your bridge and I promise you there will be a certain group of people here lining up to buy it.   :tease:

If you would have took the time to read all of those links I posted a while back in the CFB section about UAT past trangressions, you would understand that their is no such things as bammer conspiracies, Rock. Just a bunch of facts that have yet to be proven. infrandom.gif

I read everything in those links. Absolutely nothing there that I have not read before. A lot of it true and a lot of it even admitted to by UAT in NCAA reports (I have read all those as well).

Some of it was from a different millennium, well over a half century old.  That was a different era and my take on that was that people seemed to be upset that UAT was better at cheating  than we were. FWIW,  I knew someone who played on the team with the twins.

I think the biggest and most damning thing there, and it is something you rarely hear mentioned because it was overshadowed by Logan Young and that mess, was the Kenny Smith case. If I were you guys and wanted to sell the points you are pushing, I would be hanging my hat on the Kenny Smith case (that is the one I use on my UAT friends).  UAT admitted that happened, so nobody can argue that one with you.

However, it is quite a leap to go from the fact that UAT has cheated in the past and may very well be cheating now, to everything that happens is somehow being manipulated and controlled by this brilliant all powerful super secret organization with unlimited wealth and resources. Reminds me of some of the plots from the super-friends cartoon (which I guess explains the whole Bat phone thing). 

Bigfoot may exist, but not everything that rustles in the bushes is bigfoot,

Aliens may be visiting earth from other planets, but not every unknown light in the sky is a flying saucer

Bama may very well be cheating (more likely than the other 2 above), but not EVERYTHING that happens is the result of the REC controlling events like pulling the strings on puppets.  That would require that these people be both much more stupid than imaginable and much more brilliant than imaginable.

If people want to give that bunch credit for being that brilliant and organized, more power to them.

I read everything in those links. Absolutely nothing there that I have not read before. A lot of it true and a lot of it even admitted to by UAT in NCAA reports (I have read all those as well).

Some of it was from a different millennium, well over a half century old.  That was a different era and my take on that was that people seemed to be upset that UAT was better at cheating  than we were. FWIW,  I knew someone who played on the team with the twins.

I think the biggest and most damning thing there, and it is something you rarely hear mentioned because it was overshadowed by Logan Young and that mess, was the Kenny Smith case. If I were you guys and wanted to sell the points you are pushing, I would be hanging my hat on the Kenny Smith case (that is the one I use on my UAT friends).  UAT admitted that happened, so nobody can argue that one with you.

However, it is quite a leap to go from the fact that UAT has cheated in the past and may very well be cheating now, to everything that happens is somehow being manipulated and controlled by this brilliant all powerful super secret organization with unlimited wealth and resources. Reminds me of some of the plots from the super-friends cartoon (which I guess explains the whole Bat phone thing). 

Aliens may be visiting earth from other planets, but not every unknown light in the sky is a flying saucer

Bama may very well be cheating (more likely than the other 2 above), but not EVERYTHING that happens is the result of the REC controlling events like pulling the strings on puppets.  That would require that these people be both much more stupid than imaginable and much more brilliant than imaginable.

If people want to give that bunch credit for being that brilliant and organized, more power to them.

Sounds like you just did, Rock....

That was a different era and my take on that was that people seemed to be upset that UAT was better at cheating  than we were.

According to that post they were more brilliant an organized than Auburn when it came to cheating and Auburn fans are just butthurt over the fact that they were better at it.

Btw, I guess it really is a stretch for someone to come to the conclusion that a program that was founded on cheating (their own boosters words) and continues for almost 100 years before ever being placed on probation in 1995, might still be cheating today. I mean afterall I'm sure Harvey U has learned its lesson after being placed on major probation for a majority of the past 20 years. Cyrus putting on an Auburn hat on national t.v., Calloway being whisked to FL for a few weeks by a know bammer supporter, Trent Richardson hanging out with some 50 year old white guy all the time and being took to dinner was all an aberration that was somehow spun into wild conspiracies by us fringe Auburn fans.  :rolleyes:

Also, if bammers have very little control like you tend to hint at, why was it that when Uat was put on its last probation (i.e. textbookgate), not a single media outlet in this state broke the story until the day the sanctions were handed out by the NCAA? Which, btw, just happened to be THE DAY AFTER NSD. No reports of a possible investigation. No reports of possible sanctions. Nothing, until the day the NCAA handed out sanctions.

Sounds like you just did, Rock....

That was a different era and my take on that was that people seemed to be upset that UAT was better at cheating  than we were.

According to that post they were more brilliant an organized than Auburn when it came to cheating and Auburn fans are just butthurt over the fact that they were better at it.

Btw, I guess it really is a stretch for someone to come to the conclusion that a program that was founded on cheating (their own boosters words) and continues for almost 100 years before ever being placed on probation in 1995, might still be cheating today. I mean afterall I'm sure Harvey U has learned its lesson after being placed on major probation for a majority of the past 20 years. Cyrus putting on an Auburn hat on national t.v., Calloway being whisked to FL for a few weeks by a know bammer supporter, Trent Richardson hanging out with some 50 year old white guy all the time and being took to dinner was all an aberration that was somehow spun into wild conspiracies by us fringe Auburn fans.  :rolleyes:

Also, if bammers have very little control like you tend to hint at, why was it that when Uat was put on its last probation (i.e. textbookgate), not a single media outlet in this state broke the story until the day the sanctions were handed out by the NCAA? Which, btw, just happened to be THE DAY AFTER NSD. No reports of a possible investigation. No reports of possible sanctions. Nothing, until the day the NCAA handed out sanctions.

You are not going to convince a bammer that they did not earn those trophies.  We know they didn't and I have zero respect for them as a program or as a fan base.  There is a reason that Mal Moore and Logan Young talked on the phone so often as was proven.  And last I looked Mal Moore is still the AD at Alabama running their organization just like he has for the past 13 years.  If any other school had an AD that kept its sport teams on probation like he does then they would be fired.  Lets not also forget that Alabama coach Ivy Williams admitted in court to talking to Young over 200 times via the phone.  Anyone that thinks the bama boosters are not receiving direction are ignorant.  Only a bama fan would think Julio's assigned "Uncle" that took him, Mark Ingram and others on free trips and gave another player a computer (?!?!) was innocence. Just like the "Uncle" from TTown Menswear that had pictures of himself with sideline passes and also players in his office or eating dinner with him was innocent.  Every sign points to their program as still being corrupt just like it was under Beer Bryant starting with their AD who was on Bryants staff (which automatically makes him a cheater) and who spends most of his time talking to boosters about "fund raising".  But of course I don't expect any bammer to admit that. Talk to a bammer and you would have no idea that their football program had been on probation for something like 80% of the time the past 20 years. 

Does all this crap really matter anymore?

The whole damn nation saw with our own eyes how the NCAA and the college football world feels about cheaters and programs on probation on January 9th, 2012. 

When the two teams in the BCSNC game are BOTH allowed to play for a national championship while BOTH are on NCAA probation, it appears very few people give a rats azz about cheater's.  The world if filled with cheaters and morally corrupt people.  And yet, life goes on - let's give it a rest, please.

Does all this crap really matter anymore?

The whole damn nation saw with our own eyes how the NCAA and the college football world feels about cheaters and programs on probation on January 9th, 2012. 

When the two teams in the BCSNC game are BOTH allowed to play for a national championship while BOTH are on NCAA probation, it appears very few people give a rats azz about cheater's.  The world if filled with cheaters and morally corrupt people.  And yet, life goes on - let's give it a rest, please.

Of course it matters they our are rival and AU has to recruit against them and play them on the field.  I am not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend everything is okay, or give that school credit for earning something they don't deserve.  But if you don't want to talk about it then feel free to move along. 

Archived