Ryan Miller

we just hired him from Mizzou as our assosciate head coach. this is a great hire as this helps us out ALOT with a few of the stud recruits out of memphis. Kids like Robert Hubbs and Austin Nichols who where big on Mizzou will now take a better look at Auburn.

Coach Cal would love if every year the top 2 teams in the SEC where UK and AU.

Coach Cal and I think alike  :laugh:. I think in a couple years, we will be a top 5 SEC team every year though.  :wedance:

One of two things may be going on

1.  Someone on another board stated that the boosters in the tipoff club were unhappy with Barbee for all the problems of last year (ward, suspensions, dismissals etc.)  And are demanding to see progress so shaking up the staff is always what happens when a coach feels pressure, or

2.  The FBI investigation into Ward has turned up something that necessitated some changes.

In any event, Miller seems to be a good choice for the job. WDE

One of two things may be going on

1.  Someone on another board stated that the boosters in the tipoff club were unhappy with Barbee for all the problems of last year (ward, suspensions, dismissals etc.)  And are demanding to see progress so shaking up the staff is always what happens when a coach feels pressure, or

2.   The FBI investigation into Ward has turned up something that necessitated some changes.

In any event, Miller seems to be a good choice for the job. WDE

The tip off club thinks what they say matters but it doesnt. Barbee will make no changes based on anything that club does or says.

Lets all agree to leave the ward situation alone, let is play out as low profile as possible and move on.

Kinda hard to dislike Coach Cal when he is helping to build our staff huh!  :thumbsup:

Yeah I actually like Coach Cal. I think he does a great job of bringing in the right kids even though a lot are one and done and making them buy into the system as a team. He has a pretty entertaining personality with the media as well. I know he has had some sketchy things happen on his watch in the past, but I still like the guy.

This guy seems like a program changer for us! it would be awesome to land him, but im definitely not getting my hopes up (talking about A. Nichols of course)

I don't have any specifics on the issues with the tip-off club. My perception of them is they are a group that loves basketball and Auburn and are most likely a group that will support AU basketball win or lose.

But, my guess is they may not be comfortable with how recruiting works these days in college basketball. Hell, I may not be crazy about it myself, but I am not content with AU simply playing basketball.

I want to win, and I think Barbee is a skilled recruiter and knows how things have to work these days. It may feel a little icky at times, but we cannot sit back and watch the rest of the league "play the game."

As long as he doesn't break any rules, I'm happy with his approach to recruiting. It appears the results will be better than what we've had in awhile.

WDE!

Another article on a recruit that Miller will help us with http://cbsprt.co/QzKDMF

Looking for a school that can contend for championships and win games...  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yeah I noticed that too. That's why your pitch has to be "If you come to Auburn we feel like with you Jordan Price, Shaq Johnson and others that we will be contending for titles every year. Especially if you and Austin Nichols team up together and come to Auburn."

Archived