Ingle's injury means Steven Ross will start at C

CShine

Auburn coach Tommy Tuberville said starting center Jeremy Ingle won't play against Ole Miss on Saturday because of a sprained ankle, an injury that leaves replacement Steven Ross and quarterback Jason Campbell needing to spend more quality time together this week.

Campbell said he would work with Ross during and after practice in order to get their timing down before Saturday's 6:45 p.m. game in Oxford. Ross has started one game and played most of the way against Kentucky last week, but Campbell said he still needs to get comfortable with his new center.

"It's a big difference when you start talking about timing," Campbell said. "You get so used to each other. Jeremy Ingle got used to our cadence. He knows when the play clock is going down. He does a great job getting the ball off, and he knows I want to snap before the 25 second clock goes off, even if I'm not done with our cadence. I'm already expecting the ball. This is something that we worked on all spring. With him out this week, it may take our timing off, but at the same time, Steven Ross and I will have to get together this week and try to pick up speed."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...69249252573.xml

Archived