Season Prediction

benjazz

I see us with 17 wins, give or take one or two. I don't know if we play any extra SEC games this year with Missouri and TA&M, but I see us with a 7-9 SEC record or something close to that....Slowly, but surely we are getting there.

18-19 wins......team develops as the season moves long. Could make NCAA.....but NIT would be a step forward for sure.

I think I've read on Twitter where the team has set a goal of 20 wins this season. I like their drive, I respect their commitment, and I predict they will achieve their goal!

Should make it thru the pre conference schedule at 9-2 .500 record SEC record give em 18 wins plus a win in the SEC tourney. 19 wins and a number 12 seed in the Big Dance.

Should make it thru the pre conference schedule at 9-2 .500 record SEC record give em 18 wins plus a win in the SEC tourney. 19 wins and a number 12 seed in the Big Dance.

I'd love to see them at 9-2 because we have that tourney at the beginning of the year in SC, and we also play @Illinois, FSU, @Boston College, and Depaul. Those will all be tough games. We would have to win 4 out of those 6, and then beat everybody we are suppose to, which is no easy task either. It'll be tough and interesting nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

we had 16 home games last year. We went 14-2 (maybe 13-3 i cant remember about the arky game), i believe. we lost to a very good kentucky team and played well against them, although the final score would not necessarily show that. we lost bad to alabama. i remember that being a very tough game. cant remember the arky home game - that may have been a loss.

we did much better at home than i thought. figured we would win 75% of our home games and about 50% of our away games. we were great at home and horrible on the road. if i recall, our away games were just about universally horrible. i believe our game at arky and lsu were our only "good" away losses.

we won a grand total of 1 away game last year and it was technically at a neutral site ... although it was against hawaii in hawaii.

anyways - i will regurgitate last years prediction and say we win 75% of our home games and more along the lines of 1/3 of our away games.

home - 12-5

away (i seriously dont understand the November 15-18 part of our schedule - i will assume we play about 16 away games) - 5-11 maybe 6-10

puts us at 17 to 18 wins.

not gonna get us into the ncaa with our ooc schedule and that win total but would put us securely in the nit. that is what i thought last year. i think we needed just a couple of away wins in the sec and we would have been nit bound. hope we can obtain that this year. should be fun to watch regardless.

I think 18 would be a solid improvement. If we get hot I could see us possible snagging 20 but I think the NIT is what the goal should be this year. Not to say I don't wanna be in the big dance, but this is a work in progress and it took Barbee 4 seasons to get to the tournament in a conference without Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Missouri. Mainly I wanna see a team that at least looks like it belongs on the same court as the teams we play

#firstpostonAUFamily

Auburn should be better and I am excited about their potential and the future of the program, but lets not forget there is a lot of youth and inexperience on this team and some question marks.

I'll use the actual schedule and make a rough projection...

Nov. 9--IPFW at Auburn 7 p.m. WIN

Nov. 15--Auburn vs. Murray State at Charleston Classic, Charleston, S.C., TD Arena, (ESPN3), 7 p.m. WIN

Nov. 16--St. John's or College of Charleston (ESPN3) at Charleston Classic, Charleston, S.C., TD Arena, 4:30 or 6:30 pm LOSS

Nov. 18--Baylor/Colorado/Dayton/Boston College at Charleston Classic, Charleston, S.C., TD Arena, TBA WIN

Nov. 21--Auburn at Boston College TBA LOSS

Nov. 25--Rhode Island at Auburn TBA WIN

Nov. 30--DePaul at Auburn, SEC-Big East Challenge, TBA WIN

Dec. 11--Grambling State TBA WIN

Dec. 15--Furman at Auburn TBA WIN

Dec. 18--Tennessee Tech at Auburn TBA WIN

Dec. 22--Winthrop at Auburn TBA WIN

Dec. 29 --Auburn vs. Illinois at United Center, Chicago LOSS

Jan. 2--Florida State at Auburn WIN

Jan. 9--LSU at Auburn 8 p.m. (CSS) WIN

Jan. 12--Auburn at South Carolina 12:30 p.m. (SECN) WIN

Jan. 16--Auburn at Arkansas 7 p.m. (SECN) LOSS

Jan. 19--Kentucky at Auburn TBA (ESPNU) LOSS

Jan. 23--Auburn at Vanderbilt TBA (ESPN3) TBA WIN

Jan. 26--Ole Miss at Auburn 7 p.m. (FSN) WIN

Jan. 30--Auburn at Georgia 6 p.m. (CSS) WIN

Feb. 2--Auburn at Missouri 12:30 p.m.(SECN) LOSS

Feb. 6--Alabama (SECN), 7 pm WIN

Feb. 9--Auburn at Kentucky 3 p.m. (SECN), 3 pm LOSS

Feb. 13--Arkansas (CSS), 8 pm LOSS

Feb. 16--Florida 12:30 p.m. (SECN) LOSS

Feb. 20--Texas A&M at Auburn TBA (ESPN3) LOSS

Feb. 23--Auburn at Ole Miss 4 p.m. (FSN) WIN

Feb. 26--Auburn at Alabama 6 p.m. (ESPNU) LOSS

March 2--Vanderbilt at Auburn 8 p.m. (ESPN2) WIN

March 6--Tennessee at Auburn 8 p.m. (CSS) LOSS

March 9--Auburn at Mississippi State 4:30 p.m. (FSN) LOSS

10-3 pre-conference schedule

8-10 SEC

18-13 overall

1 win in SEC Tournament puts AU at 19-14 on the season with an invite to the NIT.

Just a rough projection.

Archived