Auburn Men vs. Victory (Exhibition tonight)

WarTiger

I do not care if we beat them by 100, we were sloppy and did not take the opportunity to improve in the game. We were beaten in the first 10 min of the second half, by at least 6 points. You can say "Bro" I'll take the win, but if we do not improve it was a waste of time.

I will give you it looks like we have better players than last year, I just thought we would be further along.

My take on the sloppiness was that not even the starting 5 have ever played together before. There were different combinations all over the game. That just takes minutes and you will get it together. The foul problems of Abamu and Dixon Tatum are much more concerning than the sloppiness if you have to find something not to like. At the same time, I franky believe some of fouls would not be called in an SEC game but given the huge size disadvantage I think it was called tighter. Sometimes in these exhibitions, the coaches ASK that the game be called tight to use the film as an instructional tool. The sloppiness will come out with additional minutes of playing together in different combinations. I don't think its a concern and it wont be fixed in one game so relax and enjoy the ride. Its going to be a fun one.

I went to the game. Great to have basketball back. I watched some of practice the other day and Chubb was working on a 15-17 foot jumper and had it going. At the game, still that stupid hook shot miss. Still clumsy as ever. #0 (dont know names yet) was great underneath. Would love to see him more. I was very interested in seeing Shaq Johnson play, but I'll tell you what, Jordon Price REALLY surprised me. He was a blast to watch and will shine in this league. He can be the next star. Allen Payne didnt get much playing time, sad to see. Noel Johnson okayed really well to me. Frankie was still sticking to the outside 3s, would like to see him drive some more. Did see a good bit of mistakes that will need to be fixed come conference time. But I really think this team has a chance to run the table. How big that table is, we'll just have to see. But it'll be fun with my first year in the Jungle!!

Archived