Auburn Men vs. Victory (Exhibition tonight)

WarTiger

At the 7:51 mark of the first half. Auburn leads 34-11. I've got the gametracker up so I'm not watching, but we are 13-24 from the floor and 4-10 from 3 point range so far. I'll post the player numbers at the half.

Auburn is hammering Victory. At the half Auburn leads 61-20. The only player that hasn't scored yet for Auburn in the game is Brian Green, although he does have 7 assists.

Payne - 4 pts

Wallace - 4 pts - 3 assists

Adamu - 2 pts

Sullivan - 11 pts

Chubb - 15 pts

Dixon-Tatum - 4 pts

Green - 0 pts

Johnson, Noel - 5 pts

Price - 10 pts

Johnson, Shaquille - 2 pts

Granger - 4 pts.

Some other numbers from the first half.

Auburn shot - 24-42 (57.1%) Victory shot - 7-24 (29.2%)

3pt range - Auburn 6-16, Victory 1-9

Freethrows - Auburn 7-9, Victory 5-9

Auburn has 28 rebounds, Victory with 10

Auburn has 3 blocks, Victory 0

Auburn has 21 pts off of 14 Victory turnovers

Victory has 4 pts off of 6 Auburn turnovers

Tigers lead in bench scoring - 25-4

Auburn controlled this game from the very beginning. Tigers defeat Victory by a final score of 108-57

Auburn had 6 players in double figures.

Chubb lead the way with 21

Shaquille Johnson had 15 and was 7-7 on the night

Jordan Price and Jordon Granger each had 13 pts

Noel Johnson and Frankie Sullivan finished with 11 pts. each.

Brian Greene had 12 assists and 4 steals

Auburn shot 43-79 (56.6%) from the floor and 9-22 from 3 pt range. 13-19 from the free throw line.

• I went to the game, not that impressed. Way too many fouls like we had two foul out Adamu and Dixion-Tatum, Way too many uncontested shots, Way too many unforced turnovers. Just not much intensity, I know it was Victory Univ., just looked too much like a pick up game.

The good news is Shaq Johnson is a player and should be able to play

Chris Porter was the guest "letter" he looked great had his wife with him and got a great reception from the crowd (which was good also). Great to see him!!!

On another good note the cheerleaders and Tiger Paws may be the best looking group we have ever had, so there is a reason to go to the game.

I'll take a lethargic 51 point win anytime. Ha.

I know it was Victory but we beat them like we SHOULD. That's what is important to me. A lot of new faces out there. I think this is the beginning of the Barbee era guys. Price and Johnson are names to get used to. Just saying.

I understand Victory is barely better than a high school team, but we didn't score 108 on them last season. It's pretty hard to dispute the idea that we are vastly improved. The freshmen guards (Price, Greene, Johnson) are the most talented we've had in some time, loads of potential. Of course the key will be what we get out of the post players, but it's hard not to be excited about the future.

I do not care if we beat them by 100, we were sloppy and did not take the opportunity to improve in the game. We were beaten in the first 10 min of the second half, by at least 6 points. You can say "Bro" I'll take the win, but if we do not improve it was a waste of time.

I will give you it looks like we have better players than last year, I just thought we would be further along.

I have come to realize it doesn't matter how good we look there will always be someone that just can't help but piss on the parade. I'm not exactly how much "further along" a team can be after their FIRST game and winning by 51. Some are just never happy.

I have to agree it was super sloppy. WAY too many turnovers, unnecessary threes (when we can pound them inside since their tallest player was like a midget compared to Chubb), undisciplined defense. Better talent than usual at AU so I think we will be better, but I just don't think Barbee coaches enough discipline into them

It's the first formal game they've played y'all, they're going to be sloppy. I'm sure the coaches and players have already been watching film to correct mistakes. This team will improve and gel all year.

It's a start that doesn't count. I liked the athletic style and I like what Price and Shaquille brought to the team. Let's see what next Monday brings.

for this game, i have no problem with sloppy. the kids have been working hard for a bunch of months. barbee may have simply told the kids to go play and have fun. strectch your legs and have some fun.

... and like it has been said ... 108 points is 108 points. that doesn't happen routinely ... well at least not till this year, right!!!

I think it's the first time Barbee has popped the century mark at AU.

It's the first time any AU team has hit 100 since 2003. That's quite a while ago.

It sounds great for the first game. It is difficult to simulate gametime play in practice, especially for all the new guys. It will take a few scrimages and games for the young guys to really get the picture, but the fact that the team put up over 100 points while making rookie mistakes is definitely impressive. I am sure the coaches are aware of any type of mistake and are already making corrections. It seems like we have a good mix of upperclassmen and young talent. I am excited about what Coach Barbee is doing.I think that this could be a really good season. War Eagle!

There are going to be mistakes when you play run and gun basketball the defense may not be great but with the style he coaches its going to look like a pickup game that's how you get players to come they know they will be able to play their game and run and press on defense the object of the coaching style is to outscore the other team and run them until the get so tired they start making mistakes that's why we recruit the slim athletic big men so they can get up and down the floor look at it like this its the same style of basketball Miami heat plays now with bosh starting at center they will take their chances on defense because they know they are going to outrun you when they get the rebound so no matter how good your big men are they force you to match up or get run out of the building.

Archived