HEEEEY DKW.....

Argo

remember last week the link you posted about bamamag having soooo many AU threads, with a big game awaiting? Don't look now, but THIS board could very well end up on a bama board talking about the same thing.

Our fans are much more alike than anyone would like to admit.

p.s. This is not a slam anyway towards DKW, and if it doesn't qualify for material on the football board, I apologize for posting it here.

remember last week the link you posted about bamamag having soooo many AU threads, with a big game awaiting?  Don't look now, but THIS board could very well end up on a bama board talking about the same thing. 

Our fans are much more alike than anyone would like to admit.

p.s.  This is not a slam anyway towards DKW, and if it doesn't qualify for material on the football board, I apologize for posting it here.

119323[/snapback]

Except we arent delusional

The difference is that ANY AU fan that posted anything simular to the uat posts on this board would be bannished in an instant and NEVER seen or heard form again on the uat board. :D

Viva la difference ! ! ! :big:

Just as an example, I went to a UA board and made one comment about some of the statements made. The thread was entitled "Don't sell you Iron Bowl tickets to barners". A summary of the posts was not to sell Iron Bowl tickets to AU fans because the stands needed to be as full of bammers as possible. I posted one reply saying they needed as many AU fans as possible at the game so there would be someone left to watch the last quarter. Not only was I banned, the thread was locked, then eventually deleted.

Just as an example, I went to a UA board and made one comment about some of the statements made.  The thread was entitled "Don't sell you Iron Bowl tickets to barners".  A summary of the posts was not to sell Iron Bowl tickets to AU fans because the stands needed to be as full of bammers as possible.  I posted one reply saying they needed as many AU fans as possible at the game so there would be someone left to watch the last quarter.  Not only was I banned, the thread was locked, then eventually deleted.

119359[/snapback]

Typical. VERY typical.

It is GREAT to be an AUBURN TIGER ! ! ! ! :au:

Just as an example, I went to a UA board and made one comment about some of the statements made.  The thread was entitled "Don't sell you Iron Bowl tickets to barners".  A summary of the posts was not to sell Iron Bowl tickets to AU fans because the stands needed to be as full of bammers as possible.  I posted one reply saying they needed as many AU fans as possible at the game so there would be someone left to watch the last quarter.  Not only was I banned, the thread was locked, then eventually deleted.

119359[/snapback]

That's funny, because two weeks ago a good friend called and wanted me to go to Tuscaloosa with him and another friend. They don't have tickets and I told him that he should not dress in his AUBURN "colors". I told him the Bammers would not want to sell to AUBURN folks and if they did sell it would be for a premium price. :big::big::big:

:au::au::au::au:

WAR EAGLE!!! BEAT THE DOGS!!!! WAR EAGLE!!!

There was an AU fan that showed up to the tailgate next to us saturday who brought a cowbell....we had a great time. Joking back and forth....hell we even gave him a hamburger. No one got mad or anything. And he was decked out in AU gear. I even tried to get Numa to go with me saturday.

In 2001 I was unable to get an Iron Bowl ticket the day of the game. I gave up because I got tired of being cussed for wearing my crimson shirt. No one would sell me a ticket. No biggie really...happens everywhere.

Not saying it didn't happen. I always have ticket in hand before I go to any game. No matter who's stadium I'm at and what color of shirt I'm wearing, I've yet to not have several, sometimes many, 'scalpers' approach me, and everyone around me, trying to sell tickets. If the price is right, they will sell to the Devil himself. Again, I'm in no way implying it did not happen to you, but if you didn't get a ticket and were willing to pay their price, that is unusual.

The iron bowl is different though...when one wont buy 3 others will.

I wouldnt sell an extra iron bowl ticket to an AU fan...unless it was a friend of mine.

This is a hoot! One thing is for sure. The Iron Bowl is the DADDY of all rivalries. Up here in Clemson, you can get a ticket for the Carolina game without a problem, no matter what you wear. Same goes for Willie Brice.

Auburn and Alabama.................. No Comparison.

WARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR EAGLE, HEY!

Thankfully. that will not be a problem this year. :big::poke:

The iron bowl is different though...when one wont buy 3 others will.

I wouldnt sell an extra iron bowl ticket to an AU fan...unless it was a friend of mine.

119385[/snapback]

BG has friends?

Who knew...... :roflol:

Price discrimination is no new thing when it comes to the Iron Bowl. I've done it myself a time or two. I'd rather have one more AU voice screaming on Defense than a Bama voice. No big whoop!

My brother and I went out to Legion Field one year without a ticket for the Bama game. We were standing out front when the paramedics were driving to the entrance gate. Trying to be funny I told the driver we would give him $40.00 each to let us ride in with him. He said he didn't have room and then opened the inside door a little and I saw people packed in like sardines. We watched him drive in and park and 12 people got out. No tickets but I'm sure they paid. :big: They were all wearing red & white. :(

Archived