Palm, BCS Guru says AU out of luck

AU4Ever

Jerry Palm was interviewed on PF radio show. Said even if AU wins out, he sees no way for them to overtake OK in the BCS ratings. Didn't hear him say that, but did hear PF say that is what he said.

:moon: BCS and polls ...................

this guy just doesn't like Auburn. Jerry Palm is stupid. There are already a lot of sports writers that are saying that if Auburn beats UGA they will put Auburn as #2. Also, playing three ranked teams in a row will help our sos and the computers will see this, even though it is not directly implemented. Lets just worry about beating UGA, not what some idiot journalist thinks.

this guy just doesn't like Auburn. Jerry Palm is stupid. There are already a lot of sports writers that are saying that if Auburn beats UGA they will put Auburn as #2. Also, playing three ranked teams in a row will help our sos and the computers will see this, even though it is not directly implemented. Lets just worry about beating UGA, not what some idiot journalist thinks.

119401[/snapback]

alabama is not ranked.

I'm not worried at all, because mainly, it is beyond my control. I'm just stating what Palm, who, by the way is not a journalist, but is considered to be the Guru of the BCS system said.

That's considering we don't move up in the human polls. We've already been closing the gap between us and Oklahoma. And if we beat Georgia and move on to finish the season against 3 teams with winning records, the human polls will favor us and the computer will favor us. Plus before it's all over the #17 or so LSU will be close to #10 making us look even better.

WHO CARES!

BEAT THEM DAWGS!

BOIL THEM ELAPHANTS!

STEAM ROLL THEM VOLS!

Then we can yell, if we need to. JUST WIN BABY!

119401[/snapback]

alabama is not ranked.

119403[/snapback]

yea...not sure why i wrote that.

I bet Bama would creep up into the top 25 if they win at LSU this weekend. But that wouldn't really help us becuase we need LSU to keep winning also.

Jerry Palm thinks the SEC is the nation's 6th best conference, behind the Mountain West.

mayo - If you actually listened to Finebaum today, he was actually sticking up for Auburn while Palm was trying to downplay our wins over LSU and UT.

If Auburn beats UGA, they might jump OU in the human polls. Winning out and I think they jump OU in the computers.

I ran a test... Auburn is still receiving 10 votes for being 4th in the nation (Wisconsin is prolly receiving the other 3rd place votes) in the Coaches and 1 4th place ranking in the AP poll.

If Auburn can get all 11 of those voters to vote us #3; Chris Fowler said he'd vote us #2 over OU; if we can then get 1 other voter out there to vote us #2 over OU, we would jump OU in the BCS if we move to #2 in the Computers.

Something tells me that if Auburn beats UGA, there will be a lot of AP writers there to watch us. A lot of voters will vote Auburn #2 (I'm not saying they will jump OU, but they will certainly make it close) and the CPU rankings will certainly go up. Look what happened to OU when they beat OSU - they jumped from 17 and 19 to 24 and 25 respectively in 2 of the CPU polls.

We will jump OU with a UGA win saturday. But we gotta beat them first.

I bet Bama would creep up into the top 25 if they win at LSU this weekend. But that wouldn't really help us becuase we need LSU to keep winning also.

I don't know, it really could go both ways. If UAT beat LSU this late in the season to move into the top 25, you would think that would make more of an impression in the human polls, especially this late in the season. But that might hurt us in the computer polls since we're counting LSU as one of our quality wins, no?

I think I'm going to pull for UAT this weekend...I don't like either team, but LSU is by far my least favorite.

Archived