Can AU become a Top 25 BB program?

AUBourne

Can we? Yes.

How? Drop under armour and go nike. Pay top $ for a top coach. The rest will just happen.

Iis Auburn willing to spend what it takes? No.

Auburn is already paying top $ for a coach. Auburn has paid top $ for a facility. The recruiting budget is virtually unlimited. The shoe thing is not a deal breaker with any recruit.

You may say that the wrong coach has been hired, but the idea that Auburn won't pay what's necessary to win at basketball is demonstrably false.

^^^Agreed^^^

Auburn has put money out there twice in the past 10 years... with no bites. Unfortunately, a good (proven) college basketball coach is not gonna come to Auburn. We just need to understand that AU is / and always will be a football school. Success on the basketball court comes few and far between. So we will have to take our chances with an up and comer (which we already have). Give it time.

#5. When Coach Barbee was hired i remember discussing the same thoughts. Without a high caliber studd to break down the opponents D, the dribble drive O does not work- especially when there is no outside shooting consistenc y. I likie Lebo's motion O better than the dribble drive, and would love to have a Princeton style O at this point. Right now all we play is street ball most of the time.

I could live with the Princeton O, but I would love to see an aggressive trapping D/playing the passing lanes/forces quick shots that gets the break going.

Give Barbee six years are you crazy? Yes we have been good in BB but barbee is NOT the coach to get us there. We have gotten worse each year and just like football, it's time to go else where. Barbee doesn't have a clue. Where's his good recruits? He can't recruit!!!

Archived