'89 Iron Bowl Highlights

AubTigers

Great day in Auburn history. I did not have the privilege of being there, but I vividly remember watching it on our 13 inch television! I was 9 years old at the time. That was a great day for Reggie Slack after being booed at home earlier that year. He was the man that day. I still can't believe they gave Darrell Crawford that interception, but I'll take it! In our age today that call probably gets overturned. I saw several highlights on there of Kevin Turner from Bama. I sure do hate to know what is going on with him right now.

Thanks for sharing. What great memories. I was there. In fact, James Bostic was right in front of me when took the handoff and left the UAT players in the dust on that long touchdown run.

Here is my best memory of the 89season: I was in the 4th grade at the time. I remember all of the bammers in my class hooting and hollering, and the Friday before the game they were all decked out in crimson because we had a day were everyone wore their team colors. Of course it was the first time in years that bama was relevant in the national championship race so they were running those mouths big time. The following Monday several of those same classmates came back to school with AU gear on saying they were Auburn fans now. I loved it! Great times!

I was there. I was a junior at auburn. It's still one of the best sporting experiences of my life.

I was there. I was a junior at auburn. It's still one of the best sporting experiences of my life.

Same here, class and all...it was a privilege to have attended that game, as it was history happening live and in person.

Loved the clip. Is there ever a video of a bad game in which Auburn beats Alabama or anyone else?

Archived