Ex Texas Tech QB Tucker Tuberville walks on at AU!

Sid

Tucker Tuberville, the oldest son of former Auburn head football coach Tommy Tuberville, will join the Auburn football program as a walk-on quarterback.

Tucker Tuberville, who was redshirted last season as a walk-on at Texas Tech, led Frenship High School to a 10-1 record in 2011. When his father left for Cincinnati after three seasons as head coach at Texas Tech, Tucker decided to walk on at Auburn, in the city where he grew up and played quarterback at Lee-Scott Academy.

Tommy Tuberville won 85 games in a 10-year run at Auburn from 1999-2008. ...

Link

smart kid. learn D from his Dad and O from Gus and be a head coach one day.

Exactly. Pretty good mentors if you ask me.

I think it shows a lot of class for Gus and CRL to welcome Tucker to the football team. I guess he's an invited walkon. Don't most regular walkons have to try out or am I showing my age? Maybe its an Arkansas fraternity. But I guess all's fair in war and football recruiting. Didn't we just flip one of CTT's recruits?

I think it shows a lot of class for Gus and CRL to welcome Tucker to the football team. I guess he's an invited walkon. Don't most regular walkons have to try out or am I showing my age? Maybe its an Arkansas fraternity. But I guess all's fair in war and football recruiting. Didn't we just flip one of CTT's recruits?

Yes and we are after another as well.

Archived