Therezie's hits?

ausoldiergrad

The first hit was not helmet to helmet as the slow-mo replay showed. Their helmets went to the side of each other and most of the impact was on the shoulders.

I agree he should have been tossed on the 2nd hit.

I guess I don't understand "defenseless." It looked liked great tackles to me.

They were good tackles. The receivers were not defenseless because in both cases, they caught the ball and turned to run before getting hit. the defenseless thing happens if you get hit while coming down.

If the refs start to call penalties on hits like that, we'll have to start giving receivers a three second halo after they make a reception to make sure they don't get hit while "defenseless"

It doesn't matter if you lead with the shoulder, head, or whatever other body part. You can't make contact with a defenseless player above the shoulders. The second hit was a textbook 15 yard flag and borderline ejection. But hey it wasnt called and wasn't a huge difference in the game. Frankly I like seeing that physicality and we won because we were more physical.

Loved em both! It's football! That being said, he needs to tackle lower. Those will draw flags in future games.

The officials, officiating crews, and the officiating heads, I would assume, watch film and evaluate their performances after each week. It will be interesting to see how many targeting penalties get called against us going forward. Therezie will be watched like a hawk. Kind of like Fairley was watched like a hawk in the bammer game in 2010 for celebration/unsportsmanlike conduct. If Fairley sneezed wrong, he was going to be flagged.

The hits were legit! Being a former DB myself, those are what we call "peak-a-boo" hits! The receiver ran his route in the defenders lane so to speak, so therezie gives him a blocking form tackle! Nothing dirty about that

The officials, officiating crews, and the officiating heads, I would assume, watch film and evaluate their performances after each week. It will be interesting to see how many targeting penalties get called against us going forward. Therezie will be watched like a hawk. Kind of like Fairley was watched like a hawk in the bammer game in 2010 for celebration/unsportsmanlike conduct. If Fairley sneezed wrong, he was going to be flagged.

Probably right. Hopefully, those officials will figure out what offensive holding is too, but hey...I am still glad they let'em play.

Archived