Texas/Texas A&M

88Tiger

Anyone else want TAM to wax Texas off the field and get rid of OU's big claim of having beaten the MIGHTY Texas Longhorns?

Texas has dodged more bullets than Wyatt Earp...and wouldn't it be fitting for Coach Fran to do it and tick the Bummers off? I think with all the Longhorn's close games this year that the voters would drop them hard and then how would that effect the SOS for OU?

GO IRISH and GO AGGIES!

Anyone else want TAM to wax Texas off the field and get rid of OU's big claim of having beaten the MIGHTY Texas Longhorns?

Texas has dodged more bullets than Wyatt Earp...and wouldn't it be fitting for Coach Fran to do it and tick the Bummers off?  I think with all the Longhorn's close games this year that the voters would drop them hard and then how would that effect the SOS for OU?

GO IRISH and GO AGGIES!

125847[/snapback]

Sure. Does it make any difference, however tangential, that Ark almost beat TX? Do we need TX to keep winning so that the Ark loss (and our win over Ark) isn't diminished? I hate the BCS for making me even consider this crap.

Texas has dodged more bullets than Wyatt Earp...and wouldn't it be fitting for Coach Fran to do it and tick the Bummers off?  I think with all the Longhorn's close games this year that the voters would drop them hard and then how would that effect the SOS for OU?

GO IRISH and GO AGGIES!

125847[/snapback]

Nope...Texas owns A&M...ain't gonna happen.

Horns 38

Aggies 12

Guest Tigrinum Major

Sure. Does it make any difference, however tangential, that Ark almost beat TX? Do we need TX to keep winning so that the Ark loss (and our win over Ark) isn't diminished? I hate the BCS for making me even consider this crap.

125852[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head. The BCS has made a bigger mess of this than the old bowl system ever thought about. It was a mess last year and it isn't any better this year. I hope Texas gets beat so Utah and Boise State BOTH get into the BCS and make these eggheads who came up with the computer polls blow a motherboard...

First...a loss by Texas would hurt OU more than AU (although it won't be enough to move us up).

Second...don't forget that this is the same A&M team that took OU down the stretch after losing like 70-0 last year.

And I'd also love to have Boise St and Utah screw the whole BCS thing up along with the USC/OU/AU debacle!!!!!!

I went to the OU Texas game this year and came away very confident that Texas was (as with every year) a sham. Benson is an okay back who often goes down on first contact and has no vision. Their QB could learn a thing or two from Pennington and their defense (aside from LB Derrick Johnson who is a true stud) is mediocre.

A&M is a wild card. Do they bring the team that pushed OU or the team that got spanked by Baylor. I repeat Baylor. Once again they lost to Baylor. The same Baylor that Vandy would pecil in a "W" on if they played.

But wait, OU played Baylor.  Does that not automaically qualify Baylor for a bowl game or something???

125916[/snapback]

No, but I'm pretty sure Bowling Green will go to a bowl game!! Thank your AD for us!!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

But wait, OU played Baylor.  Does that not automaically qualify Baylor for a bowl game or something???

125916[/snapback]

No, but I'm pretty sure Bowling Green will go to a bowl game!! Thank your AD for us!!!!

BOOMER SOONER!!!

125917[/snapback]

Boomer, need to run home and spread the word about what SI is saying. Looks like the ESPN agenda has grown wings. Check to see what Mandel is saying. Another sports authority foolishly writing that OU is not the 'holy grail' of CFB.

You backed into the NC game last year, and the SEC shut you down. (maybe that's why all the hatred for the SEC) So the pollsters feel sorry for you and give you another chance this year. Good luck and be thankful that KSU is not in the B12 CG game this year. You guys might just win it this year. Maybe, just maybe, the second time will by the charm.

And it also looks like the SEC won't stand in your way in the NC again, so you might just win it all.

Oh great...now they have made it over here. ITAT has been flooded with them. Can they not find their way to their own board? <_<

125924[/snapback]

Yes, we lost to a good LSU team last year but that was last year . . . . I have nothing against the SEC. If you would have read my post and not just flown off the handle at seeing someone from OU, you would have read that I would prefer to play AU, the winner would be the best team, no questions asked.

About "backing" in, we played by the rules set up by the BCS. Top two teams in BSC not the top two in the polls . . . they set the rules, the teams follow the rules.

I'm not worried about ESPN and their opinions. Just like I don't jump up and down when when I read the the BCS spread between OU and AU is probably to big for you to make up. It's going to be what it is.

Let's focus on this year . . . yes, we lost to KSU last year. But this year, we won't lose the Big 12 Championship. Blame your AD. He blew it for you. SOS is still important and if you want proof, look at the BCS rankings. OU is number 1 in all the computers but one and we are #2 in that so . . . . that is our lead on you added to the polls, we are #2, you are #3. The math is easy.

Good luck in the SEC Championship. For me, I would rather beat you than USC because that meant we beat the 2nd best team in the nation.

BOOMER SOONER

You're right. I jumped off the handle and shouldn't have. I've seen a couple of more post of yours and they weren't flaming. What has gone unnoticed is that GA Tech also pulled out of a game with us. The schedule we played was not the one that was scheduled 5 or 6 years ago. We are not, and never will be, afraid to play a tough schedule. Our OOC schedule stunk this year because of weird circumstances. And it's coming back to bite us in the A$$. Matter of fact, we tried to schedule OU back several years ago, and that fell thru. We used to play FSU. We played USC home/home for two years and I'd love to see them again. I believe they are beatable this year. I've always thought the the Big 12 and the SEC are the two toughest conferences. Looks like this year the B12 north is down, but usually not. People say the SEC is down, and that's the only way we could have gone undefeated. I say NOT. The SEC is as strong as ever and I think that will be proved during the bowl season.

I'll also say good luck to OU the rest of the year. And WAR EAGLE!!!!!

News flash

In an attempt to further tweak the BCS system a new component has been added.

New Rule #1: Any team that once had Barry Switzer as head coach is automatically disqualified. If the elusive Switzer cannot be tied to any team because all references to him have been burned then new rule #2 comes into effect.

New Rule #2: Any team with a Coach who cries more than Houston Nutt is not eligible for the BCS championship game.

;)

Much as I hate to see it. Texas is going to lose to aTm. Texas is one dimensional and can't throw the ball. If OSU had any kind of defense or the ability to run a balanced offense and keep Texas guessing somewhat in the second half Texas loses that game also. They got lucky in that Kanas game also, that call shouldn't have been made.

I'll be really suprised if Texas wins. Plus despite his ability to always win 10-11 games a year consistently, Mack still has the problem of losing to OU and finding a second loss throughout the season consistently. aTm is probably that second loss.

based on my "USC needs to jump OK in the computer polls theory" - we want A&M to jump UT. HOWEVER, if UT beats A&M pretty badly . .AND Texas Tech beats Oklahoma State - there is a good chance that Oklahoma will have beaten only 1 top 25 team. I think Coaches Poll and AP voters can not ignore that.

Archived